cub cadet front wheel bearings

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:55 pm

where is the best place to buy aftermarket front wheel bearings ?

Re: cub cadet front wheel bearings

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am

There are a lot of the 3/4" wheel bearings out there for sale but if they are cheap they won't last and you end up ruining the wheels. I would only get them at a Cub Cadet dealer or a good bearing supply house.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 am

If you have to buy aftermarket, get them from Case-IH. They are the heavy version of the beraing, not the cheap light duty, CHINA bearing that others sell.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm using good quality front wheel bearings from http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/bearings.htm there number #8273 and only $5.95 sealed both sides. I'm using these on all my cadets going on two years now.

These are the same quality bearings that IH uses but there sealed on both sides. I find that water and rust is the main destroyer of these front wheel bearings so I think the sealed on both sides may last longer. The grease is captured.

I have seen one of my cadets have the sheetmetal stamped ball bearing in it too but its not really sealed that good it looked like new and it was shot too.

I also had to replace the rims too because of the bearing going bad and it eats into the rim. The PO just ran them anyway.