This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 400

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Farmall 400

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Going to look at one tomorrow. From what I can find on the web, it similar to a M. Anything about this particular model to be watchful about when buying. I have looked high and low for a good used tractor. I've had some success, but the ones I like don't have 3 point hitch. All of our equipment is 3 point. My uncle left it up to me, but strongly suggested that I wait for a good 3 point tractor. As for me, I loved driving the H that I found. Actually, I've seen two Farmall H's and loved driving them both. If the Saginaw hitch's didn't cost so much, I would just get the tractor I want and then I would buy a hitch.

Have you ever got behind the wheel and felt that "feeling?" I've had that feeling a few times in my life. Once when I was 16, I got behind the wheel of a 73 or 74 firebird, and my parents put a quick stop to me buying that car. I've always regretted not being able to get that car. It was a beat up jalopy, but it was only a few years old at the time. I suspect it had wheels ran off it, though. It did smoke like crazy. LOL! That was in 1980, so I've given my age away. It's been a long time since I was this excited about buying anything.

Wish me luck!

I will tell you what I don't like. I don't like those low setting tractors. I've looked at several Ford 8/9 n's, now I know that they are popular, but not my cup of tea. My uncle had one when I was growing up and we had a ton of fun on it, but for me, give me a tall tractor.

Ok, I've bent your ears enough!
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”