Sun May 31, 2009 7:14 am
Found an Auburn Trencher FS here in Ok. for $500. I'm interested, but before I call the party that has it for sale, I would like to speak intelligently about the trencher.
1. Did Auburn make Trenchers for more than just Cubs??
2. What needs to go with the trencher to make it a viable unit for a Cub? (Think I heard something
about an in-line despeeder etc)
3. If it is not complete, will be glad to investigate for someone out there needing whatever parts
go with it.
Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 am
Auburn built trenchers for several diffrent applications I'm sure that there were models built for the Cub and the Farmall A. As for the gear reduction it is inline in front of the tranmission and the trencher is not very operable without the reduction. I have seen one mounted the Cub and an A trencher mounted on a cub.
The major problems with the trencher was the roller chain.
Even at the stated price I would jump on it and decide later what to do with it.
Rick Prentice's web site has some good pix of an auburn trencher. And TMs web site has some liturature on the trencher also
I hope this helps
Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 am
1) Auburn made multiple trencher models. Off the top of my head, they were made for Farmall H, Ford N series and Jeep, as well as for the Cub.
2) The tractor is so heavily modified with additional components that you need to get the tractor along with the mounted trencher. Otherwise, you will never get all the pieces. A trencher off the tractor needs to be viewed as parts only, unless you really know the trencher.
Depending on what it is and how much is present, I might be interested in it for parts. Check the chain for size and condition.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.