British tractor parts

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 pm

i've found most of the parts i've needed for my B414, but the sticker shock from the last part has me looking accross the pond to England or in Canada for a better source of parts.

i need a large (power steering type) hydraulic filter at the moment. but i'm also on the lookout for headlights, a tach, and (wishful thinking because the Brits used decals) metal oval B414 medallions.

anyone have any connections?

Re: British tractor parts

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:11 pm

Art:

Remember where CubFest Northeast 2004 was held :?: David and Alton may have what you want, if not they have access to the cross Canada parts inventory. Send him an email... :idea: :D

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:44 pm

i had a nice chat with a fellow from the UK, who has the headlights, tach and replacement cable, and spool valve for the hydraulic system i needed, at decent prices considering the exchange and shipping/customs.

but he explained that power steering would be a rare option in the UK on that tractor, and does not have the correct filter. so i'm still looking, if anyone can help. i am getting an education on finding parts, and learning a little 'proper' english along the way :)

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:57 am

Art:

What parts do you need :?: Did you contact David? There are other places for parts here as well. If you list the parts, I can check with a few of em around here in NB, Nova Scotia and PEI. They are not an uncommon tractor.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am

yes, i emailed David... nothing on the hydraulic filter 3 062 073 R93 (1" dia pipe), which was the important part. he did have a used spool valve. if you got any contacts, i need it.

otherwise, i'll have to buy the 3/4' version and bore it out to resolder the 1' pipe. i'm not excited about doing that

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Art:

Will check with me other sources... take a few days.. will get back and post here or in a pm.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Art, My backhoe is a 3414 Diesel. Which is just a variation of the B414 more or less. I have trouble getting things too. Good thing it it reliable.