1948 cub wiring

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dagosrods
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 31645

1948 cub wiring

Postby dagosrods » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

OK I'm working on wiring now. It is a 1948 cub with mag and 3 wire voltage regulator 6 volt positive ground so I wired like this diagram and made a diagram from my old rotted harness and mine had a extra wire from f on gen to f on voltage reg which is this right? Also I ran all lights with a 14 gauge wire. The blue green wire I used 10 gauge wire. I did see a wiring diagram for a farmall h with mag and they used 10 gauge for lights. I just want to make sure I got it right. Thanks Alex
Attachments
cubwire.jpg

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: 1948 cub wiring

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm

The 3 wire regulator is actually a cutout, with the charge being controlled by the wire going from the F terminal to the light switch. There is not normally a wire form the F terminal of gen to the cutout, but the resister on the light switch may be bad, so that wire was added to replace it. Th headlights pull about 3 amps each, so a 14 gauge wire to carry both would be a little light, but for each one separately it should work, as long as not for extreme long term use of lights.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dagosrods
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 31645

Re: 1948 cub wiring

Postby dagosrods » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks I bought new resistors so I will remove that wire. My old harness looked like it was only 14 gauge wire. The wire inside original light is about 14 gauge. Thanks