Grader Blade parts

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Getting ready to mount my L-54 blade on my lobby? As near as I can tell the PO did not give me the axle hanger bolt spacer? Are these hard to come by or are they universal for attaching other implements/attachments? Can the L-54 be mounted on a lobby or does it have to go on an F-Cub?? Snow w/be here before we know it - got to get ready!! LOL !! Dusty B

Re: Grader Blade parts

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Dusty:

The L54 is for the Lo-Boy. Although it can be used on the FCub, it is designed for the Lo-Boy.

As far as the axle hanger bolt spacer blocks it appears from the pictures from TM ..

pic courtesy TM Tractor

I assume that the blocks are identical to the Cub-54 blocks which are available from Tom and Lynn - axle hanger bolt spacer

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 pm

OK ! Thanks Rudi - w/make one more check around the shed and then probably have to order one because that seems to be the part I'm missing! Thanks for the clarification! Dusty B

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Mine was missing one. Made a copy from square stock and got a new bolt from Fastenal.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 am

danovercash wrote:Mine was missing one. Made a copy from square stock and got a new bolt from Fastenal.

Made a set (great neighbor) from square stock also. Put a 1/4" chamfer on one corner. Works great.

Bill

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:55 am

Dusty B wrote:OK ! Thanks Rudi - w/make one more check around the shed and then probably have to order one because that seems to be the part I'm missing! Thanks for the clarification! Dusty B

You'll need two, Dusty. One at each end of the channel in the bolster for balance.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks guys! Needed something to do this week! LOL ! Dusty B

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 am

The PO of my Cub 54 fabricated this instead of using the blocks. It slips snuggly through the bolster and holds the bolt just fine. Though I have been using the blade this way, I do plan on getting the block when I have a few extra spending dollars.

Jeff
IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:56 pm

BTW, iffin you have access or a friend with a lathe, you can use a 7 or 8 inch piece of stock and make a solid piece to go in the bolster. Drill half way in from both ends. I have a piece, just haven't had it drilled yet.