This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

mr.Buster

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

mr.Buster

Postby dirtyred » Fri May 04, 2012 8:51 am

I ran into a gentleman that works at the Napa machine shop where i was having a head resurfaced. As we were talking he told me he worked for the IH dealer here in valdosta from 1959 until they closed in the 80s. he remembered putting a c135 engine in a 140 my grandpa had. then he tells me that he has 3x5 cards of every IH tractor this dealership sold from the beginning andthat the cards includes the serial numbers , hours if it had an meter, what implements was sold with it, how many sweeps came with it etc. he also said the dealers were associated with ga/fla tractor outta jacksonville fla. i have read that some experimantal tractors were shipped to jax for testing. i know that my grandpa tried out some cub cadet originals pulling tobacco sleds. Mr. Buster said he remembered that too.could it possibly be that my grandpa tried out the cud cadet originals before they went to production? i'll never know. Mr. buster also said he remembers several loads of Av s going to a place around okeechobee fla. he said that bout every other year this farm would bring up their used equipment and load up new equipment. He also showed me a few tricks on a cub motor that was in the machine shop being rebuilt. and he set the float on a 140 that a man brought up while we were talking. just an interesting conversation with someone that worked on IH every day during the good times and the bad times.
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: mr.Buster

Postby phildidit » Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 pm

That is a neat bit of history David. That is one guy who would be neat to have at DSCF.

dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Re: mr.Buster

Postby dirtyred » Mon May 07, 2012 8:43 pm

well i can rule out my grandpa trying out the cubcadet before they went to pruduction. my dad says it was 62 or 63 that they tried them out. even though the test cubs cadets were scattered all around our area that is bout 2 years too late :( BUT i been thinking cubcadet 505 went to tifton ga(50 miles away)511,515,517,518 all went to albany ga (80 miles away) could they still be floating around? (Info is from Kenneth Updikes book, very interesting reading)
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

Return to “Off Topic”