What is a AC"B" worth?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
panda
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 49910
Circle of Safety: Y

What is a AC"B" worth?

Postby panda » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Went to an auction yesterday looking to bring home a AC "B". Real nice tractor in what looks to be in good order. They never started it and that was a clue not to buy. After the bidding started I backed away. Went for $2250. To high for what I seen. After the auction was over and I was loading my goodies I watched a man drag a one bottom plow out of the woods and ask what it was for. He offered the owner $20 bucks and walked away with the plow complete with the depth control. To bad it was not in the auction. I would have liked to try and bring her home.

ricky racer
5+ Years
5+ Years
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What is a AC"B" worth?

Postby ricky racer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Seems that around here the asking price is usually $2500. However, I think the getting price is somewhat lower. $2500 is usually the asking price for Cubs too. In my opinion, $2250 for a non-running B is to much. For a nice running B with no issues, $2250 might not be a bad price but sounds like you would have been buying a "pig in a poke". I think you made the best decision by backing away.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”