finally found that part i have been looking for

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

finally found that part i have been looking for

Postby ad356 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:38 am

a while ago i bought a NOS 48" deck pan for my cub cadet 147. when i finally got the deck pan i realized that the pan was a later revision of the same deck. the cast iron nose wouldnt fit, i finally got the piece i had been looking for. i had a hard time finding this item. the piece that i had was IH-489356-R2 and i needed IH-489356-R3. when i started putting this deck together i could not figure out WHY the nose wouldnt fit. i went on the internet and discovered that i needed i different piece. i gave up on it for a while and the deck has sat in my garage un-used. today i was looking on ebay and i thought i would give it a shot. there was an item on there with the matching part number, i just hope it is exactly what this deck needs. i think this style of nose is somewhat rare because all of the nose pieces i have found while looking were the other style, the style that i already have. sometimes if you wait long enough the right item just about falls into your lap. now next year i will be able to mow with a new deck on my 147. i have my farmall cub for the large areas and soon enough my cub cadet for the small areas, now only to find a mule drive for a 60" danco mower for a farmall cub
ad356
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 14113

Re: finally found that part i have been looking for

Postby BigBill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 am

Whats wrong with the nose piece it came with??
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Return to Cub Cadet Forum