Planting Peas

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Here is a video of my wife Kathy planting peas.

Re: Planting Peas

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Great video Tim. Thanks for sharing. I wish we had your weather!

Tom

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Nice video! She plants some straight rows...looks like she stole your job! :lol:
What did you plant for peas?
Chris

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:40 pm

should have let her plant the corn. She understands the concept of straight rows.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:23 pm

How do your sprinklers work? Do they just spray in 180 degree's?

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 pm

CapeCodCubs wrote:Nice video! She plants some straight rows...looks like she stole your job! :lol:
What did you plant for peas?
Chris

We planted zipper peas, cream 12s, pink eyes and some "yard long" peas Daddy gave us.

brichter wrote:should have let her plant the corn. She understands the concept of straight rows.

BR.............. :shock:

Brandon Webb wrote:How do your sprinklers work? Do they just spray in 180 degree's?

Brandon, yes they are adjustable and you can set them to spray 180 degrees.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:44 pm

doing good, and as others said, i sure wish I had some nice weather like that. I would sugest being moving before letting the planter down to reduce the chances of dirt plugging the runner/chute

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:... I would sugest being moving before letting the planter down to reduce the chances of dirt plugging the runner/chute

Also picking it up on the move, stopping and rocking backwards before lifting can plug it, as well.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 am

Very nice and straight rows too. You'll probably cultivate a couple of times before I get a plow in the ground. It snowed a couple of inches here yesterday so it's really nice to see your vidio.

Kirk

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:42 am

Watch that lady go. You got some good help looks like. Makes any project more enjoyable when you have a partner willing to help. Thanks for taking the time to share the video.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 am

Wish I could plant peas! I "planted" my IH444, this morning, moving a trailer, in the field, to move some firewood, from a tree I cut. Managed to get out, without the trailer! Colder, tomorrow morning. Might be enough frost, to move the trailer! Ed

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Looking forward to better weather this year....last couple have been bad here...Last year ,,no rain...the year before to much...Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Looks great...I go a little slower....Kevin

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 am

She's a keeper Tim! We might be planting this week if the Monday rain isn't too bad.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Great Video - thanks for sharing. Gosh we won't planting peas up here until mid-May. I'm jealous.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 am

Everything is coming up. Peas,okra, and corn. We should be getting fresh peas by the end of May.