What happened at work today.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

mozer71
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 569
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 pm
Zip Code: 22650

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby mozer71 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:04 pm

I like it all. Don't need convince me it is working with a shower head. If it is done, done right. Merry Christmas! :{_}:

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1975 International Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Shane N. » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Got leaves up most of the day, hooked the gooseneck up to use Saturday and remembered I needed to put a PTO seal in the 4630. Backed it up the ramps to not lose much hydraulic fluid. Worked great!
Attachments
DD3CD6E4-55D9-4CE2-8422-431A8C11B47E.jpeg
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

User avatar
Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'56 Cub "Boris"
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: NC, Chapel Hill

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Dale Finch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Clever!

User avatar
Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 am
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Lone Jack, MO

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Stanton » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:10 am

Shane N. wrote:...Backed it up the ramps to not lose much hydraulic fluid...


...and also the safest way to load/unload a tractor on and off a trailer. :coffee:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1975 International Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Shane N. » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Stanton wrote:
Shane N. wrote:...Backed it up the ramps to not lose much hydraulic fluid...


...and also the safest way to load/unload a tractor on and off a trailer. :coffee:

I don’t know if I agree with the safest way with a dovetail. If the boards are the least bit wet with dew or whatever the tractor spins and could slide off. I don’t like backing one up to load unless it’s absolutely necessary.

I tried to back this up after you posted this and it wouldn’t do it with nothing on the back and those are brand new Firestone’s with 100 gallons of fluid in each one and two sets of wheel weights on each side. The dovetail wasn’t wet either.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

User avatar
Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 am
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Lone Jack, MO

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Stanton » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:40 am

Shane N. wrote:I don’t know if I agree with the safest way with a dovetail. If the boards are the least bit wet with dew or whatever the tractor spins and could slide off. I don’t like backing one up to load unless it’s absolutely necessary.

I tried to back this up after you posted this and it wouldn’t do it with nothing on the back and those are brand new Firestone’s with 100 gallons of fluid in each one and two sets of wheel weights on each side. The dovetail wasn’t wet either.


Not sure now where I got the idea that backing a tractor up trailer ramps is safer than driving it up. Depending on trailer design, slickness and ramp height, I believe you're correct that in some cases, driving it up would be safer.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1975 International Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Shane N. » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:21 am

Stanton wrote:
Shane N. wrote:I don’t know if I agree with the safest way with a dovetail. If the boards are the least bit wet with dew or whatever the tractor spins and could slide off. I don’t like backing one up to load unless it’s absolutely necessary.

I tried to back this up after you posted this and it wouldn’t do it with nothing on the back and those are brand new Firestone’s with 100 gallons of fluid in each one and two sets of wheel weights on each side. The dovetail wasn’t wet either.


Not sure now where I got the idea that backing a tractor up trailer ramps is safer than driving it up. Depending on trailer design, slickness and ramp height, I believe you're correct that in some cases, driving it up would be safer.

Pretty sure the wood on the dovetail is the worse for backing anything up. The last trailer I had I made a steel dovetail that would level out for more flat trailer space. I welded 1/2” square bars across it about 6” apart and it gave plenty of traction. The rest was diamond tread steel and was as slick as a peeled onion without the bars welded on it.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

User avatar
Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 6004
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 am
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Lone Jack, MO

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Stanton » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:40 am

Shane N. wrote:Pretty sure the wood on the dovetail is the worse for backing anything up. The last trailer I had I made a steel dovetail that would level out for more flat trailer space. I welded 1/2” square bars across it about 6” apart and it gave plenty of traction. The rest was diamond tread steel and was as slick as a peeled onion without the bars welded on it.


I've heard that diamond plate and wood, when wet, are very slick.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Posts: 3436
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:20 am
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH West Mansfield

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 am

Shane, I did the same thing on my old trailer. It had a beaver tail, which had been added, after the fact. Slick, smooth steel with glossy paint, when it was wet, I couldn't even walk on it. I didn't have a ready supply of square stock but I did plenty, free, 6mm rod. I welded them on, spaced about 4in. apart. Wow! what a difference!

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1975 International Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Shane N. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:51 am

Just got done with a fixture for a customer to stretch a spring so they can look inside it. Hope it works for them, it was their design.
Attachments
23BDE6ED-0C26-472B-8F1F-2F0DF99F12BD.jpeg
A739BCD4-25DA-46FA-B136-3B5FDA8B74AA.jpeg
1F42DEAE-F919-4336-A72E-3128C3A1B97A.jpeg
E2915999-BF1E-4D18-A90A-91399C805BB4.jpeg
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4361
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1975 International Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby Shane N. » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 am

When you miss a decimal point and put 1.00 instead of .100
Attachments
02770B52-A616-4E29-B56A-2F02D20F3B5D.jpeg
E9334A06-F3C3-4238-AB2D-5B9833F78E53.jpeg
90FDD026-D6F8-4FE0-A9A3-A16F3B418A2E.jpeg
84E4BFE5-66A8-4A58-A9BC-EF1189C50502.jpeg
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

ajhbike
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 1018
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020- Paris
1949 Ferguson TO-20
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Location: Branford, CT

Re: What happened at work today.

Postby ajhbike » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:11 am

I had one that expanded metal on the back of my trailer because it was a landscape trailer before. I welded 1x1" angle for tracks and I have good traction. I don't like backing onto the trailer...too many things to watch at the same time, but I always try to have it on a slight incline at the house and use jacks under the back end.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests