depth lever

Billpa

Member
could someone or two please tell me the measurement of the piece that goes from the leveling arm to the eyebolt on the drawbar, length of bar, spacing of the holes, size of holes, thickness of the material, and if possible a picture thank you Bill
 
Bill - I don't have the measurements off-hand but here is a picture that should help a lot. (Courtesy of TM Tractor)

mvc_4682s.jpg
 
Bill if you are handy with a torch and drill press you can make one you need to borrow one for a pattern the flat piece is 9 3/4 in long by 1 1/4 wide 1/4 thick you need the other piece a little longer for the bend in it the holes are for a 5/8 pin i drll mine 21/32 so they are a little loose
Jim.
 
Thanks guys for the great pictures and measurements. :D

I'll be the one making it. The shear, ironworker, and brake will make short work of that. :) It looks like the 3 top holes are about 1-1/4" - 1-1/2" centers apart. If someone could please give me the centerline spacing of the eyebolt hole and the top hole, I'd appreciate it. And if possible, the centerline spacing between the top 3 holes.

Thanks again Doug
 
I get 8 1/2 inches on center between the top and bottom holes.

The 3 top holes are 1 inch on center.

I get a .687 inside dim on the 3 hole offset and 3/4 inch inside dimension on the single hole eyebolt end.

The rivet looks to be 3 1/8 OC with the eyebolt hole. It looks like a 5/16" button-head rivet based upon the head diameter and height.
 
Bob in CT":1g4hnsb6 said:
I get 8 1/2 inches on center between the top and bottom holes.

The 3 top holes are 1 inch on center.

I get a .687 inside dim on the 3 hole offset and 3/4 inch inside dimension on the single hole eyebolt end.

The rivet looks to be 3 1/8 OC with the eyebolt hole.

Thanks alot Bob. That's great. With it being that close(11/16" and 3/4") I'll most likely make them the same. Then I won't have to change the depth stop on the brake. Heck, I just might make them out of stainless. The correct police might not like it, but hey, it'll never rust. :wink:

That offset is alot like parts I make for Phila. Tobbogan, the Roller coaster company. It's called a "standard car brake shoe". They're made out of 3/8"x 3" flat stock.

Thanks again guys, this is the best site yet!

Doug
 
Back
Top