This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub vs water

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jsfarmall
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72454
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Trusty"
1948 Cub "Rusty"
1948 Cub "Bob"
1948 Cub "Sallie" (wife's tractor)
1965 IH Cub "Annie"
1943 Farmall H
1953 Farmall Super M (granddad's tractor)

Re: Cub vs water

Postby jsfarmall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Yeah using it in moving water for transportation purposes would be a terrible idea. If driving it back and forth through the low swag to the shed in STANDING water would be ok I would think. On the road is a bad idea.
1948 Cub "Trusty"
1948 Cub "Rusty" mower tractor, trimmed ear dash
1948 Cub "Bob"
1948 Cub "Sallie"
1965 IH Cub "Annie" mower tractor,
1943 Farmall H,
1953 Farmall Super M

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

xraycajun
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70769

Postby xraycajun » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm looking at this storm and I think your in for way more that a few inches of floodwater. I'm no hydrologist, but we had a 1000 year flood event two years ago with half the rain that's headed your way. Best advice. Go west! far west!

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 pm

coppersmythe wrote:brodalick , if you are close to the coast , get out . the cub is the least of your concerns , trust me . florence is a Bad hurricane , if it hits Cat 3-4 , and you are 30 miles or less to the coast , you will not forget the experience...............................................coppersmythe

Were 10 miles inland and when sandy hit us I saw 100’ oaks bending like fishing poles! On 2 1/4 acres we lost 16 big trees. Sandy wasn’t a cat 3 storm. Do your best to lash things down and get things out of harms way including yourself and family.
One other note, get yourself a fist full of cash.
We we’re without power for two weeks so atms, credit cards, plastic anything was useless.
Groceries well everything was paid with cash and cash only. Fill everything with a gas tank while you can. My tractors stored gas I needed later for my generator.
If your first aid, police, a doctor or nurse FEMA may come in with a tanker truck and fill your vehicle so you can respond to work. They did that for us after Sandy.
Ultimately I pray that the good Lord looks out for all of you and pulls the power out of this thing and you all come out of it ok.
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:59 pm

If the Cub goes swimming...don't start it......flush it out with kerosene....new oil......start.....run...change oil again....change all the other fluids also
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”