This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Online radiator question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fordman
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 40071
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall cub
1966 Ford 3000
1975 international 140
1958 Farmall cub with fast hitch
1978 International 184

Online radiator question

Postby Fordman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:24 am

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I had been in the process of restoring my 1951 cub when my building caught fire last winter and am just now getting back around to finishing. I had bought a new radiator off eBay before the fire and it wasn't damaged. I've read a few post lately about the cheaper radiators not being the correct height to get the cap on. Was wondering if anyone knew what the proper height should be or if the problem has been with the neck height and what that should be? If I need to I don't mind buying one from tm but would rather use the one I have if it'll fit. Thanks in advance for your help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Online radiator question

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:08 am

I think there were several variables, neck height, angle of the pipe, cap wouldn't seat, etc. It's probably easiest to install the radiator with a few bolts and place the hood to see how it fits. If your hood was missing the brackets that attach to the radiator supports, the dog legs may be bowed out and the dash may be bent forward.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

fordhead1983
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 61061
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
Cub-172 Planter
Cub-101A Fertilizer Unit
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cub-23A disk
1940 Farmall H
1941 Farmall H "Doc"
1956 Farmall 300
IH #37 8' disk with 2 section IH drag harrow
IH #8 Little Genius 2 bottom 16" plow
McCormick 1 row ground drive corn binder
IH #5 end gate seeder
JI Case VTA running gear
Flareline flare box wagon
John Deere CC-147 8' field cultivator
1952 John Deere 290 Planter w/fertilizer and insecticide
John Deere 214 two row rotary hoe
New Holland 110 10' fertilizer drop spreader
Rosenthal Steel #4 Husker Shredder
John Deere #5 sickle mower (originally Grandpa's)
1957 IH #46 twine baler

Postby fordhead1983 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Best answer I can tell you is to make friends with somebody at a local radiator shop or who is good with soldering. I brought my radiator in to be re-cored, but when the shop ordered a new core, it came "complete". Neck height was too short, overflow tube was in the wrong spot. The guy I bought it from understood the issue when I showed him old vs new and he said he'd unsolder the old neck and solder it onto the new radiator. No charge.

bubbaearl
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27522

Postby bubbaearl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 pm

I bought one online for around a hundred dollars and already had it on and was to tall for the dog legs to bolt up and had to pay shipping to send it back. I then bought a Clancy, over two hundred dollars but it fit like a glove.

Return to “Farmall Cub”