Field Plow Angle

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
MiCarl
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 48154
Tractors Owned: 1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub
1994 Speedex 1631
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Field Plow Angle

Postby MiCarl » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:21 pm

BullDAWG wrote:The only issue of using the touch control to adjust the depth of the plow is when you get to the end of a row and need to pick up the plow. You would have to take off the depth control and hook it to the rear rocker-shaft to lift the plow OR have an old hand style lift that came on cubs without touch control. I personally like that idea as with the hand lift you can also then lift the cultivators in the front with the touch control and the rear cultivators after you drive to the same end spot and hand lift the rear cultivators. Its like the poor mans version of the SA with dual touch control.

The rear rock shaft is moving close to horizontal at the low end of its motion. The front rock shaft on the other hand is nearly horizontal when lowered.

I have enough slack in the chain to keep the rock shaft from pulling forward that there is about 1/3 of the touch control travel still available when the plow is fully in the ground. It seem that if that front link were the proper length that 1/3 could be used for depth adjustment.

When raising the plow the front would come up first which would cause the plow to climb to the surface without pulling it up from the rear. Not an issue with touch control but I see where it could be very beneficial with the hand lift.
1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub
1994 Speedex 1631

farmalllove
Zip Code: 16137
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall cub with international plow, snow plow, cultivators, and mower.
1953 Farmall Super A with hydraulic lift, flat belt Buzz-Saw, Snow plow, bucket, and cultivators.

Postby farmalllove » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks for all the help, I have located a lever and hardware. Once again much thanks to all.
Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.
-Benjamin Carson-

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi,
Below is the Cub 193 Plow owner's manual. It has lots of info.
You don't use the manual control lever in it, if you have touch control. That lever goes to the left of the seat.

Glad you found a depth control lever. You do need that lever, it goes to the right of the seat.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

If it is still original, it uses the IH tapered head implement bolts to attach it to the right final drive holes.
TM Tractor has new bolts, if you need them.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/324fp.htm
Last edited by Glen on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BullDAWG
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub
1951 Cub (sold)
Tufline 5' disc (old heavy type)
1953+ A-295A 2 furrow SlatWing Plow Chief plow (SA)
1950 cub-193 1 furrow SWPC plow (cub)
5' home made bush hog mounts on drawbar

Postby BullDAWG » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Glen wrote:Hi,
Below is the Cub 193 Plow owner's manual. It has lots of info.
You don't use the manual control lever in it, if you have touch control. That lever goes to the left of the seat.

Glad you found a depth control lever. You do need that lever, it goes to the right of the seat.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

If it still original, it uses the IH tapered head implement bolts to attach it to the right final drive holes.
TM Tractor has new bolts, if you need them.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/324fp.htm

Glen, I was referencing that he was using the front touch control to do the depth control like the SA-140's do BUT to make things simple, I was saying instead of possibly having issues of trying to lift the plow AND do depth control on both the front and rear using the cub's "1" touch control, I was saying to use the manual lift control to lift the plow and avoid any issues and as a side bonus it also allows the cultivators to be done like the SA-140 and lift the front cults when at the end of a row AND then lift the rear cultivators once you drive 2-3 feet farther and the rears get to the end of a row.

BUT all this is now irrelevant as he is getting the proper depth control to use the 193 plow... (ps congrats on getting the parts u needed :) )
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi,
BullDAWG, I just wanted to post the Plow owner's manual above, in case farmalllove didn't have it.

I wasn't commenting on what you had written, it does look like useful information.