This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Freeze question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Freeze question

Postby Glen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi,
Below is a post I wrote on, with info about installing a head. It has pics of sealing products, for the head, and head bolts. My post is part way down the page. :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102322&start=45

The head could be warped some, and not flat on the bottom side, they need checking when the engine is apart, and made flat at an engine shop, if not flat.
The top surface of the block should be checked too, to be sure it is flat.

It is a good idea to retorque the head, it should be done after running it for a few heat up, and cool down cycles.
IH said to do it after the first 50 hours for a new tractor, or installing a new head gasket, in the newer Cub owner's manuals. If you are having a leak, it could be done before that.

Below are pages from the 1965 Cub owner's manual with the info.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-71.jpg

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-41.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ferret_airlift
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49251

Re: Freeze question

Postby ferret_airlift » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:29 am

Cubfriend wrote:They go into the water jacket and need to be sealed with rubberized sealant. Some others might have a recommendation of what to use.

I know for a fact that wasn't done when the head gasket was last changed.

Return to “Farmall Cub”