This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Belly Mowers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Re: Belly Mowers

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Push each sleeve and piston out as one assembly. You may then have to break the sleeves off to retrieve the connecting rods. You can find a replacement s&p set for under $300.

Well, it's just sitting there, so I doubt I could do it anymore harm. It would give me a project. After working to get it unstuck last year, I covered it with a tarp. I get those tarps free from harbor freight and I've changed it out regularly, so it's just like I left it.

I topped it off with Acetone and trans fluid about the middle of August last year. I haven't done anything with it since.

So you guys will remember, I'll resurrect my thread from last year. I'm the one that had a sp washer stuck in the threads. At least I think that's what's stuck in there. Remember?

Maybe sitting in soaking has done some good.
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:31 pm

Hairy Moose Knuckles wrote:........Maybe sitting in soaking has done some good.
I doubt you have it soaking where Jim is talking about separating it, removing the sleeve from the block with the piston still rusted to the inside of the sleeve. Even if the soaking worked and you got the pistons out of the sleeves, you'd probably find the sleeves were in such bad shape they would need replaced anyway.

Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:51 pm

I must say, you guys really inspired me. If you lookin the Super C forum, I updated my stuck motor thread.
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”