This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Let's talk a little bit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TallCoolOne58
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub "Mule"

Re: Let's talk a little bit

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 pm

grnspot wrote:I grew up farming in the 50's & 60's on John Deere "two-cylinders". Started tractor collecting several years ago with JD lawn & garden tractors, then moved on to slightly bigger tractors with a 1953 JD-40 Standard, sold most of the L&G collection. Next came a 1980 Power King 2418, decided I wanted a Cub Lo Boy, found this 1961 needing quite a bit of work: Tractors 2018 003 - Copy.JPG I still need to paint the body of the tractor. With the turfs, it makes a nice little yard tractor: Tractors 2019 007 - Copy.JPG

I've since bought a 1944 JD-LA & most recently a 1948 Allis Chalmers model "G". I'm partial to the small & more uncommon tractors, both for my use & for area tractor shows!

Man, when you load a cart, you don't monkey around.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

Mac AR
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72561
Tractors Owned: 51 Farmall Cub "The little 'un"
55 Farmall 300 "The Big 'Un"
60 IH 340U "The middle 'un"
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mac AR » Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 pm

My family is predominantly IH, so I suppose that helped a lot. The family's first tractor was a 49 Cub, and I grew up on a souped up Super MTA and a little 100. When I started farming on my own, I bought a wore out Cub and a 9n Ford. I found I needed more power and traded for a B John Deere and the 300 I have now. The popcorn popper had to go after two seasons, so now I have the 51 Cub to do my cultivating, pasture clipping, and odd jobs on the farm. It has its place, and is fun to operate too.

Mac
"Go get me a crescent wrench... git the biggest SOB you can find 'cause I'm gonna use it fer a hammer ennyway" - Words of Wisdom from Dad.

Circle of Safety

Indy4570
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 49 F cub, donor
50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50s Allis Chalmers B
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
hinomoto diesel 4x4, early to mid 80s 20HP
73 Pasquali 4x4 diesel 33HP
74 Toro golf course tractor
Gilson 18HP

Postby Indy4570 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:24 pm

when I was a boy living on my grandparents farm they had a super M and an M, we also has an allis and a case. I have always loved farmalls. As an adult I have owned an H, a C, an A a 184 and now currently own 2 fergusons, a 140 and six cubs and an allis B. My grandad bought a cub after he retired from farming. I honestly never cared for it much. I made a poor trade for ole bugeyes and that started my current obsession.
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Postby tinnerjohn » Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 am

For me, my Grandpa had what I believe was probably a 48 Cub that he bought new and used for his garden and to mow the 3 or 4 acre field, I remember Grandma riding an old dump rake to window so he could burn the grass and weeds after they dried. Dad would borrow the Cub and disc for our garden. Grandma sold it in the early 70's and replaced it with a Simplicity Landlord. I remembered the Cub but never really wanted one of those "toy" tractors until my wife and I went to the Red Power Roundup in PA that featured the Cub. With that many Cubs in one place, the bug hit. I bought an Operators manual from TM while I was there, then while I was wandering around tried to figure out how I could fit one in the back of my van and take it home! A few months later there was an auction I passed coming home from work that had a Cub. Went home, got the better half, went back and about 20 minutes after we got there became the proud owner of a 52 Cub. I love that "toy tractor" and now I'm helping my Grandsons create memories for them and me. Have a safe weekend, and don't loose sight of the reason for this weekend. John

Trail_Rider
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 52585

Postby Trail_Rider » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 am

I've got a Yellow and White Cub (1975 I believe) that technically belongs to my son. My dad gave it to him, but it resides in my shop, he lives in another state, and although he says he has full intentions of coming after it, I somehow have the feeling it's going to be here for quite awhile. It had a stuck governor when he brought it here, and since then I've got it loosened back up and it seems to be running just fine. It does have a radiator leak at the base at the moment. It's kind of underpowered for the belly mower that's under it, and frankly I just don't know what to do with it. It's not mine though so it's going to be here until he comes after it.
Trail Rider

Return to “Farmall Cub”