This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cutout Relay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary Puckett
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30188

Cutout Relay

Postby Gary Puckett » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:06 pm

The diagrams and pictures on this site and others show two terminals on cutout relays. This is my first attempt with a cutout relay. This relay, mounted on top of the generator, which is period correct for a 49 cub according to the generator serial number, has three terminals: two on the front and one on the back. The generator and relay are Delco-Remy. Will you please enlighten me on what the all three terminals are for? Thanks

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cutout Relay

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:28 pm

The one by itself is the BAT terminal, connects to the ammeter. The one labeled GEN, probably opposite the BAT terminal, connects to the generator A terminal. The remaining terminal is F and is not used on a tractor that has lights (or at least a light switch). Check the markings on the terminals, don't connect just based on position.

The diagrams should show the F terminal but with no wire connected to it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Here is the diagram Jim referred to.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Gary Puckett
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30188

Postby Gary Puckett » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Jim and John,
Thanks for showing me something I looked at and did not see. I am curious. What is the F terminal for?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 pm

It was used on tractors with battery starting systems but no lights since the light switch was normally used to control the charge. Also used on auxiliary units such as the power for combines and balers. The F terminal of the cutout has a resister connected to ground to charge the battery at the rate of about 2 amps.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!