This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

problems when under load...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Coyote
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 25430

problems when under load...

Postby Coyote » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:40 pm

OK, I have ran into a problem I figured I'd put out and see if anyone has an idea on what steps to take next to fix it.
My Cub will start and run fine at idle. There is some surging, but nothing awful. It will rev up when you hit the throttle, again, with some surging, but nothing too bad. the problem comes when you put the tractor in gear, or try and spin up the belly mower. Any kind of load, and the tractor will bog down and quit. It seems to be running fine... just has zero torque.
So far, have;
cleaned the fuel tank, new fuel lines, fuel filter and new on/off flow switch.
cleaned the carb, adjusted the choke and throttle lines.
cleaned all the throttle linkage, greased the fittings.
checked for good spark from switch to plugs.
Not sure exactly where to go next. Any ideas what the problem could be? thank you all in advance for any help you are able to give, or any direction I haven't thought of yet.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Coyote
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 25430

Re: problems when under load...

Postby Coyote » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:57 pm

forgot to add...
distributor not generator, and we opened the govenour, cleaned it up. also, the mower was serviced, but also have a problem when not using the mower

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Did you inspect the hole in the high speed jet? Did you disassemble the carb and clean it in a carb tank.? Also that brass tube that’s on an angle requires a gasket under the nut that secured it. How’s your float level?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Surging is typically a fuel related problem.

However, before starting on the fuel system, check the compression, ignition timing, valve tappet adjustment.

All that done and everything satisfactory - - check the linkage between the carburetor and the governor arm. Then everything BigBill listed.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”