This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New cub with Mott 4’ flail

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Supercub
Zip Code: 81428

New cub with Mott 4’ flail

Postby Supercub » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi.
I’m new to the forum and have a question about the flail mower. I recently picked up the tractor and got everything running after it sat for 10 yrs. New plugs ,wires ,and clean the carb. Ckd fluids and away we go. Came with 2 sickle mowers , 1 running and cutting fine. The other is complete but a project. Now to the question. The mower is complete except that it needs new cutter bar bearings which I have already ordered. ( the old ones came out ok but are a rusted 1 pc unit) but the part that mounts to the bracket on the tool bar is home made and does not look very useable for tensioning the belt. The bracket looks original ,in pictures I’ve been able to find the tensioner looks like it has a lever of some sort. Could someone post a picture of the correct bracket and tensioner part. I have tools and equipment that are likely adequate to fabricate a useable one if I could just get a good picture. Also, I have an extra tool bar , (the curved one) I’d be happy to part with if someone needs it. :wink:
Thanks , Rick

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New cub with Mott 4’ flail

Postby Glen » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi,
Below is a manual for a Mott mower, if you don't have it already. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/galleries/oe ... s_List.asp

BSR
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BSR » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:36 am

Mower that's on 1 of my cubs.
Attachments
20190705_123940-1008x567.jpg

Supercub

Postby Supercub » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the link to the manual, I was looking for it but had not found it. Thanks for the picture as well but it’s hard to tell from a straight on rear view what it looks like for fabrication purposes. Any chance I can get a side view picture or sketch ?
Thanks Rick

Supercub

Postby Supercub » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 pm

:D I just located a picture in the archives that had enough of a side view to make the part I’m missing. it’s really great to find a sight like this that has so much support and information available
Thanks for the help.
Rick