This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub mounted Jang seeders and basketweeder

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub mounted Jang seeders and basketweeder

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Eugene wrote:For me, the least expensive place for many tractor related parts is the auto parts store.

Agree with Eugene, but take the old parts with you. Otherwise, the twenty-something behind the counter won't have a clue.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Postby staninlowerAL » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Don McCombs wrote:
Eugene wrote:For me, the least expensive place for many tractor related parts is the auto parts store.

Agree with Eugene, but take the old parts with you. Otherwise, the twenty-something behind the counter won't have a clue.

Right, Eugene and Don. But sometimes even the old parts in hand is not enough. :lol: :hattip:
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:11 pm

staninlowerAL wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:

Right, Eugene and Don. But sometimes even the old parts in hand is not enough. :lol: :hattip:
Yup. But I usually print out the cross references from the internet. Saves a lot of time at the auto parts store.

Besides that, after the clerk asks for the make and model of automobile and I tell him/her it's for a tractor. And the clerk immediately tells me that it's not available, I can tell him/her that I have a cross reference list.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Mine all jerk,---bought um that way--use um that way --hyd res. is full so we happy.
As for 3 pt., I made my own. not sure if many are avail. as ready made aftermarket ones.
Add up all of the total weight of your set-up and make sure it don't excede the cub hyd. system.---otherwise go for it!
I have no idea what the jang seeders weigh and have never seen one.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi,
The Cub operator's manual will help you learn about maintenance that the Cub needs.

Below is the 1955 Cub operator's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. There is a table of contents on page 1.
It shows how Cubs originally looked in it. The lube section begins on page 14.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

They have said on here that IH didn't make a new manual every year.
This manual shows the electrical system that a 1953 Cub originally had.
Cubs made before mid 1964 originally had 6 volt, positive ground electrical systems.
A 1953 Cub also had a different grille and hood names than a 1955 Cub.

The Touch Control fluid talked about in the manual was changed later to Case IH Hy-Tran fluid. It is sold at Case IH dealers.
There is one or two pages gone from the lubrication section in the manual above.
I would look in the 1950 Cub operator's manual to see the missing info.
It is at the top of the page, at Cub Info. Then go to Rudi's Manuals.

I would check or change all the oils before using the Cub. Using it with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in the housing.
There are 3 separate gear housings, with 3 separate oil levels to check, in the rear area of a Cub, the transmission, and 2 final drives.

The transmissions in Cubs commonly get water in them, from rain, or condensation inside the housing over time.

The trans oil filler plug is on top of the trans, to the rear of the shifter.
The oil level plug is low on the left side of the trans, fill it until oil comes out the hole.
The drain plug is on the bottom of the trans, visible from under the platform.

To get to the final drive oil fill and level plug on the left side, you need to remove the drawbar.
To change the final drive oils, you have to remove the pans. They have gaskets. TM Tractor at the bottom of the page has new pan gaskets. :)

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi, welcome and happy farming!
We use our Cubs for growing garlic and fingerlings! Great work horses. I was wondering what is the pump set up on the back of your Cub? I have barrel holders on the side of one of ours and would like to be able to run a pump to move water and other liquids.

I will comment on the basket weeders and planters which are awesome btw later.

Return to “Farmall Cub”