This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ID problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: ID problem

Postby Eugene » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:18 pm

Older tractors usually have had several owners. You will probably never know the history of the Cub.

Cub parts are/were frequently replaced when worn out or damaged.

I wouldn't be concerned that parts were not original to the tractor when It came off the assembly line.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Beach Bubba
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77964
Tractors Owned: 3 cubs
955 David Brown
D20-A komatsu
1085 Massie

Re: ID problem

Postby Beach Bubba » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 pm

....I was told some time ago that IH factory, on request, painted pre '64 Cubs yellow when special ordered by State, county, or Municipalities....I don't know that to be fact, but I've seen yellow round hood Cubs that were used to mow roadsides and parks, etc. in Texas back in the 50s and 60s.... In fact, I own one that was owned by the county I live in and it has since been painted over to red, but the yellow shows through where scraped or worn.

That might explain the yellow bolster/1949 serial # that is on my later model Cub....can only guess at this point.

Thanks to all who contributed to my post...

By the way, I put new plugs, repaired some starter wires, topped up the Hyd. unit with oil, cleaned the carb and put new float needle and it starts immediately and purrs.... :tractor: :D