This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another Custom Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Re: Another Custom Cub

Postby Nelson 634 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:12 am

Steering column looks to have been extended with a universal joint added with no support [seals and bearing wear?] How do you get on it? No room between steering wheel and right finder. Must be for a very slim, athletic person. Seat is pushed way back over center line of rear axle, rear wheels. I would not like to sit that far back, front end light enough. Didn't see any wheel weights. Don't see how you could safely use it to work. And as Jim pointed out you can only go straight or to the right. Kinda Limits what you can do with it. Won't work at any NASCAR track, they turn left.
Walter

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barn1018
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 73801
Tractors Owned: 1949 F Cub,1958 F cub, 1955 Farmall 100, 1968 Int Cub, 1968 Cub Loboy converted to LowRider Parade Tractor
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barn1018 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 am

Come on guys! Cut the man some slack here! This is a form of art and I think its kinda cool. I agree its not too practical, but if you want something different for a parade machine then this one is a real attention getter! Plus the man obviously has some skills to put this together! I say kudos! To each his own

DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Postby DonMountain » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Is that a straight exhaust or is there a turbocharger hidden up under that hood to quiet it down when pulling hard?
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Postby Nelson 634 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 pm

I don't get the customization of the tractor. I have never liked customization of most things and in particular vehicles. That's just one persons opinion. (Mine) It certainly doesn't mean I'm right just that I have a preference. Everyone else also has a preference and just as valuable as mine. It is his tractor and he gets to do with it as he wishes. "I" just don't get it. I read this forum every night not to comment on things but to learn. And learn I do. I learn what a great bunch of people there are in this world no mater what you see on the boob tube. I learn that there are people out there that just want to help. I learned that not just guys own and work on tractors, I still feel bad about calling Dale Finch," Mr." I learned from Jim Becker's post that the steering had a problem, I thought "how'd I miss that." That's something that could have cost me or some one else money on their next cub purchase. So I looked for every thing else that could be a problem. Practicing for the next cub I find. And I think I found some. I think these little tractors are beautiful in there simplicity, they are easy to work on which I love, they as all vehicles are a "bear" to diagnose at times, but when you figure it out or someone on here sends you in the right direction. What a great feeling of accomplishment. And yes I like to return the favor. My son once Quipped "you think you're so smart." He was 26 years old. I replied, "No I've just been stupid longer than you." I'm 67 years old. When your born your brain is empty you have to be taught everything. Teach me.
Walter

Return to “Farmall Cub”