This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall cub 6 volt will not charge wiring problems

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dvss1
Zip Code: 60417

Re: Farmall cub 6 volt will not charge wiring problems

Postby Dvss1 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks for the heads up on those 2 areas. Those will be correctly repaired next weekend. I also copied the manual. Im going to pull the switch apart and rebuild it. I did pull the cover and brushes are good and long. Commutator is nice and clean. There is a alternator/starter rebuild shop a couple of towns over. Im going to take it over to them and have it checked out. I see there is a rebuild kit available , so if it does need rebuilding, it can be done. I dont mind spending the money but I want to spend it wisely!
Thankyou guys for all your help,
Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill V in Md » Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am

Did you check the voltage across battery terminals with tractor running and not running?
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Dvss1
Zip Code: 60417

Postby Dvss1 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:52 am

Hi, yes. Not running 6.19 volts. Running 6.26

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 am

Hi,
I think it is more common for the voltage regulators on Cubs to have problems than the generators.

I would use the chart tst posted to find what is wrong.

The voltage regulator may be working, but needs adjusting so it will charge more.

Below is a pic of the end of the pin and the cotter key that I posted about on page 1 of this post.
This is the right side of the Cub, it sticks out the same amount on the left side of the Cub.
This Cub has Touch Control, yours doesn't, in your pics. So that is what is in the pic, besides the clutch housing.
Maybe it is your pic making it look like the pin is gone, I'm not sure.

You didn't say if the clutch works normally or not.
The pedal should have 1" of free play at the top of it's travel, and then take effort to push down to the stop. :)
Attachments
Cub.jpg

Return to “Farmall Cub”