This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub muffler

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JasonG
Zip Code: 06280

Cub muffler

Postby JasonG » Wed May 27, 2020 9:06 pm

My '48 Cub seems louder than it should be; I popped off the muffler and don't know how to tell if it's bad. There appears to be only surface rust on the pipes and no holes.

The only thing stamped on it is an arrow pointing down with the word INLET and the word Aluminized. Similar ones sell for about $27 online.

Is it normal to see straight through the tube when looking down into it?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Cub muffler

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 27, 2020 9:34 pm

Yes, that is normal.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Spencerpearson31
Zip Code: 39111
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall cub
W McCormick Deere
1926 vb model John Deere cultivator

Re: Cub muffler

Postby Spencerpearson31 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:52 pm

My muffin is straight through as well looks like ones at tractor supply. And has little nubs inside were I think some kind of fiber glass mat goes to kinda slow or muffle the sound as if passes, I may be wrong. Course mine is not to load yours may just be a little more used then mine too.