This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast Hitch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lovemachine
Zip Code: 00000

Fast Hitch

Postby lovemachine » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am

I apologize for all the questions!

Here are some better pictures of my fast hitch. Can you guys tell me what’s missing?

yellercub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17345
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall C
!970 International Cub

Re: Fast Hitch

Postby yellercub » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 pm

I don't think you are missing anything except bolts to mount it. There is however, a helper spring that attached at the fender and to the rocker arm (bell crank?) on the touch control unit. This helps with heavy loads.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:08 pm

The helper spring and associated parts already mentioned.
The knob/pin from the depth adjuster (no surprise there).
The pull bar extension is a raggedy looking home-made substitute.
Otherwise, you just need a big handful of hardware.

lovemachine

Postby lovemachine » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks guys!

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Jim Becker wrote:The helper spring and associated parts already mentioned.
The knob/pin from the depth adjuster (no surprise there).
The pull bar extension is a raggedy looking home-made substitute.
Otherwise, you just need a big handful of hardware.

Nothing to hook the helper spring to. Would need to replace the front rockshaft with the larger diameter part with the helper spring tab. This would require larger pillow blocks as well. Might have to add the fender reinforcement for the bracket that bolts there.
Marc's Cub.JPG

1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi,
If you are going to use the Fast Hitch, I would check or change the final drive oils before putting the Fast Hitch on the Cub, and fill them to the filler plug hole.
You can't remove the final drive oil pans with the Fast Hitch on the Cub, the Fast Hitch brackets cover the rear bolt on the oil pans.
There is no pic of the inside of the left mounting bracket, if it has a hole where the oil plug is, you can check or add oil to the final drive with the hitch on the Cub.
The earlier hitches had no hole in the bracket, so you had to remove the hitch to check or add oil to the left final drive.
The crank mounting on the right final drive might cover the oil plug on the right final drive, I don't know, I don't have one to look at. If it covers the plug, the bolts holding it on to the final drive have to be removed to get to the plug.

The bolts used to hold the Fast Hitch brackets onto the final drives are,
5/8" x 1 1/4", 11 thread. 1 for each side.
5/8" x 1 1/2", 11 thread. 2 for each side.
The shorter bolts go in the front of the 3 holes.
All use lock washers.
Below is a page from the Cub parts manual showing the bolts, they are at the descriptions for numbers 3 and 10. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 009-05.jpg
Last edited by Glen on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Postby staninlowerAL » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:48 pm

I believe there is a post by Shane Nelson on adding the connection for the helper spring rod to the front rockshaft. You can probably find it by using the search feature or contacting him via PM.
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:46 pm

staninlowerAL wrote:I believe there is a post by Shane Nelson on adding the connection for the helper spring rod to the front rockshaft. You can probably find it by using the search feature or contacting him via PM.

The IH engineers increased the diameter of the front rockshaft from approx. 1" to approx. 1 1/4" when the Fast Hitch was added. Sure would be curious to know the rationale.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:30 am

Hi,
Below are pics from TM Tractor of the rockshafts, the earlier one without the arm for helper spring,
and the later one with the arm for the helper spring.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/ghy ... rm_001.htm

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/ghy ... rm_001.htm

Below are their pics of the rockshaft bearings, it tells the sizes of them there.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/ghy ... r1_001.htm

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/ghy ... r2_001.htm

The later rockshaft has arms made from thicker material than the earlier rockshaft also.
I suppose the later rockshaft is heavier duty for use with the Fast Hitch.
They were used with the 360719R1 Touch Control, which has some different internal parts than earlier Touch Controls. I don't know if the different internal parts make the unit more heavy duty or not.
The designers of it probably knew if it was or not. :)