This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TSC Oil Filter for C60 Engine

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: TSC Oil Filter for C60 Engine

Postby Stanton » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:02 am

tst wrote:Baldwin was always a quality filter company and HUGE, used for many years, they make a lot of heavy equipment stuff, I know they were sold, hope the quality is still there

With that endorsement, I'd say this may be the hidden deal-of-the-week. Remember, these are not on sale; regular price of $7.99 + tax with free shipping to your local TSC store.

I went back and looked at the website once again and noticed that several of the filters shown in the "May We Recommend" line were named CountyLine, but clearly marked Baldwin. CountyLine is TSCs name for much of there tractor products. I don't know how long TISCO and/or TSC have been using Baldwin for a filter manufacturer, but I like it.

Here's the page: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tisco-oil-filter-376373r91?cm_vc=-10005

The only thing left is to use these filters I bought and see how they do.

Thanks everyone for your comments. :hattip:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 am

Baldwin is an old and trusted name for filters. Used them a lot in truck shops years ago. You'll have no issue with them in your tractor.

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am

Some Fram C235 oil filters available here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C ... UTF8&psc=1
Metal outer but no rubber gasket. $9+ and taxes.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:59 pm

DickB wrote:Some Fram C235 oil filters available here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C ... UTF8&psc=1
Metal outer but no rubber gasket. $9+ and taxes.

For the same money I would rather buy wix and just buy two of them off rock Auto. I am not sure if the canister filters suffer the same quality as the spin on filters they make do but I would guess the filter media is the same or very similar to some other filters they make. Which is the problem, the filter media exploding and sending it through the engine plugging up holes and causing engines to starve if oil.

This is not one of those internet wives tales and conspiracy theories that I once thought it was. Always hearing second or third had of a friend of a friend or some guy on FB or a guy on another forum etc. For y'all it is the later but I am on a chevy square body forum. There was a guy just in the last few months that lost his small block to Fram filter that exploded internally, or I guess that's imploded. I even believe it was the extreme gaurs or whatever the middle line fram not the orange one everyone complains about. He personally tore his own motor down and you can see paper fibers stuffed in the oil galleries of his motor. Normal filter change Intervals, not like he was running it 15,000 miles , this was not a race motor turning 10,000 rpm etc. Just the guys truck.

I for years resisted getting on this band wagon of don't use fram etc. My thoughts is that it's the #1 selling filter or one of the tops they sell so many filters etc. And I agree, this is probably a small percentage that does this based on the millions they sell etc. But I'm sure every filter that implodes does not take out a motor either, we never know the true number. Plus not everyone years a motor down, they may just junk that vehicle. But I honestly have not heard these stories from wix or some of the other brands. Purolator use to have a very good rap and I have used cases of them but these last few years there are many stories of torn media in them in filter cut aways. I have. It heard the engine stories etc but just seen torn filters.

I saw all this to say I don't know what my long term filter plans are now a days. But I do more often than not like the idea of wix branded or boxed filter, baldwin's and a few others.

Dang that was long.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:17 pm

It's hard to say which filter is best.
Most or all have made cost cutting moves to reduce cost. Selling or moving production to a different country.
I think Purolator made the filters for IH for a long time and perhaps Fleetguard in later years for Case/IH.
I have read about hole size problems with Wix/NAPA Gold for the Cub.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:48 pm

indy61 wrote:It's hard to say which filter is best.
Most or all have made cost cutting moves to reduce cost. Selling or moving production to a different country.
I think Purolator made the filters for IH for a long time and perhaps Fleetguard in later years for Case/IH.
I have read about hole size problems with Wix/NAPA Gold for the Cub.

I have read those too. I was thinking that was a few years ago. But I would think I'd rather stretch that hole gently and have a snug fit on the bolt that worry about media. But I do agree. There only a few manufacturers of actual filters. Many house brands made in the same China or india or pakistan factory along side the same name brand manufacturer that they share the same roof under.