This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Implement with pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
feg7846
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31031
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1969 Cub
1986 Kubota 38

Cub Implement with pictures

Postby feg7846 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:07 pm

One of my relatives came down for Thanksgiving and he showed me a few pictures of his cub.
He also had some pictures of some kind of implement that goes with his cub that he never uses and
he asked me if I could identify them. I told him that I thought that they were part of a manual lift system
that the cubs had before the hydraulic system came out. Can any of my cub friends out there identify
them. Hope his pictures are good enough to tell. Thanks my friends
thumbnail-7.jpeg
thumbnail-6.jpeg
thumbnail-4.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg
[attachment=4]thumbnail-5.jpeg[/attachment Please let me know if pictures do not come through. I have never tried to put pictures on this forum...Thank you my friends
Attachments
thumbnail-5.jpeg

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Re: Cub Implement with pictures

Postby Nelson 634 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Top picture is part of a manual lift as you previously stated. The rest are of the depth control for a turning plow. Both have Value. I would think the depth control would garner more interest. Do some research a get antiquate value for his area. I spent a long time searching for one. I didn't like the price I had to pay. Prices vary so much according to where your located or your buying.
Walter

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Postby Nelson 634 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Second from top and last picture are depth control. The third and fourth pictures appear to be some type of adjustment. I just don't know what. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who does know. Wealth of knowledge here. I continue to be amazed. Thanks every one.
Walter

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:45 am

Hi,
Your 1st pic is a Cub Master Control Lever, for raising and lowering Cub implements, for Cubs without Touch Control. It bolts on top of the transmission housing with 3 bolts.

Below are pages from the Cub 144 Cultivator owner's manual.
The 1st page shows the lever.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-08.jpg

The lever in your pic may not work right, it looks like the push button at the end of the lever is gone.
It pushes the rod, which locks, or releases, the lever to the quadrant.
I don't know what else, if anything, is missing without pics in the light.
There is a parts pic of the lever, if you need it.

The 2nd page shows the front rockshaft used with it, to lift forward mounted implements, in the upper pics on the page.
You don't have that in your pics, but maybe it is there somewhere.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-09.jpg

I think all the other pics are a Depth Adjusting lever, used on Cubs with a drawbar.
It goes to the right of the seat, and bolts on the right final drive with 2 IH tapered head bolts.
It is used with the Cub plows, to raise or lower the plow beam at the front, which makes the plow go shallow or deep.
Below is a page from the Cub 193 Plow owner's manual, showing where the lever goes.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-02.jpg

There isn't a detailed pic of the Depth Adjusting lever in the manual of it mounted on the Cub, that I have seen.
Below is a pic from TM Tractor showing the Depth Adjusting lever mounted on the right final drive. :)
Attachments
Cub plow lever.jpg

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Spivey » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:05 am

Possibly the 3rd and 4th pictures are of the angle adjusting parts for a hillside plow, but I don't think it's complete. I had part of one once, and my parts looked similar to yours. Pictures 2 and 4 are of the depth control for the 193 plow.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

feg7846
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31031
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1969 Cub
1986 Kubota 38

Postby feg7846 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:24 am

Thank you very much fellows. He says that he may have parts to make these units complete. When he bought the cub, he got a lot of other parts that were in a pile of implement parts. Now he knows what to look for. Thank you so very much.