This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Cub and Implements

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New Cub and Implements

Postby Peter Person » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:17 am

Not necessary to remove a wheel, it does make it easier, but doing it as Don suggested is the best if you are doing it by yourself.
My Cub has 8.3x24” tires spaced at 44” c.t.c., and have taken the FH off and put it back on a few times.
I used Don’s suggestion the last time. :hattip:
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:00 am

Hi,
I would check or change both final drive oils before putting the Fast Hitch on.
The early hitches have no hole in the left bracket to get to the oil filler and level plug, to check the oil.
Newer hitches have a hole in the bracket to check the left final drive oil.
You could look and see if the left bracket has a hole to check the oil level.

The right side oil filler and level plug is covered by the lever mounting bracket.

The final drive pans can't be removed with the Fast Hitch in place, the brackets cover the rear pan bolt on both sides. :)

Ct Cub
Zip Code: 06492

Postby Ct Cub » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:54 am

Great tip. Thanks

TraverAdam
Zip Code: 48734

Postby TraverAdam » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:30 pm

Just joined. Learning about all the implements and how they go together. I’ll keep browsing. Just wanted to say thanks for the resources.

Return to “Farmall Cub”