This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tire store

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Re: tire store

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:15 am

Matt Kirsch wrote: The average consumer is cash-strapped as salaries have not kept pace with the cost of living, so when they have the option of buying a $50 tire or a $150 tire, they are going to gravitate toward the the $50 tire.

And the fact is that this practice does nothing but fuel more lower wages, and more unemployment!

Poor choices lead to more poor choices! :(
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am

Lt.Mike wrote:
kully560 wrote:miller tire I will check them out. I found a online site called just tubes .com .so I sent them a email to see where there tubes are made and no reply yet. I know tubes are not made in the usa anymore , and I really don't want to buy cheap tubes from china. I also read a post online that the firestone tubes are made in china go figure.

Most tire today are made in India and China. When you buy a big brand name there’s no guarantee it’s being made here but what your paying for is it’s design and quality control.
If your not working the hell out of your tractor does it really matter where the tire or tubes made?

Correct. A US-made tire is scarce as hens' teeth and I expect the tubes are too. I think American Farmer tires are US made, not sure if they do tubes?

(If somebody would make 11.2-24 and 11.2-36 Firestone Champion Ground Grip "turkey track" tires again, I would buy them even if they were made by intergalactic terrorists on the planet Mars!!)

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 am

Last I knew a good portion of the firestone ag tires were made in USA

And ag tires from Titan too.

The last tires I bought was 26x12.00-12 titan and they was made in the USA

And from what I know, titan bought up the goodyear ag tire division!
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 11727

Postby kully560 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:15 pm

yes I believe titan now owns carlisle and goodyear ag tire plants in the usa and firestone I believe is still made here also. you are right the salaries have not been keeping up with the cost of living at all. look at gas and food going up, it is tough for a family these days. this country just shipped almost ever thing made over seas for corporate greed. nothing is made to last any more its just used up and put in the trash. it is pretty bad when I have to consider tires for a 6 ton trailer that are made in china or asia, blow one of those out going 50 mph on a highway. this country needs to wake up and bring back the manufacturing, better quality, better salaries and jobs.

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:37 pm

kully560 wrote:it is pretty bad when I have to consider tires for a 6 ton trailer that are made in china or asia

I run 16" load range E truck tires on trailer, even walmart has made in USA 16" truck tires!

Shop around someone has quality made in USA tires!
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:46 pm

kully560 wrote:I am now looking for 8x14.5 14 ply tires for my utility trailer and not one tire is made in the usa anymore . most come for china or asia, and the reviews I read that these tire are such poor quality ,its like a throw away tire.so what ever happen to goodyear or firestone,it is all about more money that these company can make.I all ways try to buy usa and keep our people working but it is getting so tough to buy anything made in the usa now a days.

Just a few years ago Carlisle trailer tires were made in USA and the forums I am on like tractor by net where they have towing and trailer forums and many boat sites and rv sites say those were about the worst tire you could buy along with goodyear marathons....ant that time they were both made in USA. At that time the recommendation was for several tires maid somewhere in Asia one of which I pretty sure was China. China can make quality stuff, it's about the specs the company wants that is purchasing them from the china factory. Look at Apple, everyone raves over their phones and their all made in China. I'm not an apple fanboy, not denying they don't make good things, I just think they cost too much. But anyway my point is quility and china manufacturer. China and that factory don't say what the quality of said product as in the. Ase of an apple phone is the company selling it does....many times these are american companies who have outsourced their product to china in the race to the bottom.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 pm

kully560 wrote:yes I believe titan now owns carlisle and goodyear ag tire plants in the usa and firestone I believe is still made here also. you are right the salaries have not been keeping up with the cost of living at all. look at gas and food going up, it is tough for a family these days. this country just shipped almost ever thing made over seas for corporate greed. nothing is made to last any more its just used up and put in the trash. it is pretty bad when I have to consider tires for a 6 ton trailer that are made in china or asia, blow one of those out going 50 mph on a highway. this country needs to wake up and bring back the manufacturing, better quality, better salaries and jobs.

There made there cause there is no demand for the tire your talking about. Why it's not so much that there are not many people that don't want to buy american products but they can't afford to buy $800 worth of tires for their trailer. They would rather buy that 80" tv or a new phone every year. Sure these are choices that certain people make. Maybe they run their phone for a little longer buy a less shiney widget and could afford those $200 tires. But many people like myself just couldn't afford that. With 3 vehicles on the road, one strictly farm use three trailers one which is tandem axle, ATv, tractors, golf carts, lawnmowers etc I know I personally can't afford to buy american tires for all my junk even if I wanted too. I added up one time and I was thinking it added up to well north of 30 tires I have to keep up with. I'm glad to have a china option.

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:56 pm

Clemsonfor wrote:China can make quality stuff
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:50 am

Wish I read this earlier Maybe I could have helped. Looking over my tube inventory today I saw the Firestone large tractor tubes are made in the USA. Like they said here for tractor tires you'll probably find Titan / Good Year and Firestone still made in the USA but much more expensive.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:48 am

SamsFarm wrote:
Clemsonfor wrote:China can make quality stuff
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Argue that an apple phone is not a quality build? Not do you like them or not. I do not use apple phones or computers but will admit they have a product that has a high quality of build for a phone .

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 am

kully560 wrote:any body but tires from simple tire store , good or bad?

This seemed like a simple question (pun intended) when it was asked. I'm wondering if THAT question was sufficiently answered. Most of the replies I see are now arguments about where they are made instead of who sells them. My only thought is, let the buyer decide what country he wants to buy from. I prefer U.S. made myself, but sometimes I am limited to what is available. All I see here now are people trying to justify their preference.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.

Postby Waif » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 pm

I just had my former tire business heavy equipment servicing neighbor order me tires. They work just fine. And he mounted them!
Next time I'll probably hit a tire store near where I used to live that does farm service.
I did talk to them about bringing a tractor to them.

No idea of quality from China.
S. Korea builds plenty of tractors. Have not heard or read of tire issues on them.
About any new tire with tread would beat my worst rear tire that needs replacing....I'm about ready to wrap duct tape around it to try for more traction...L.o.l.

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby kully560 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

I did not want to buy tires also, but my big kubota rear loaded tire receive a nail about 12 years ago and the shop just plug it as there was no tubes in it. 2 years ago it starting leaking past the plug and I ran anyway as it was not to bad. it holds 61 gallons of fluid in each tire and I was holding off from having a tire shop come out for the repair. [$650.00 - $800.00 for the trip] so for 2 years I was adding air every now and then, so I bit the bullet. new tires , tubes and new rims , ouch. I do not want to do this for another 22 years, that is what I got out of my titans. I also went from 8 ply to a 12 ply tire.

kully560
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby kully560 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:58 pm

I here from farmers by me that the china brands have a strange smell to the rubber, and do not hold up as long as they start to crack. a lot of tires are made in turkey a very big tire plant with good quality. I all ways try to buy usa but I guess with the covid going on titan can not supply tires in my size until early spring I was told by my dealer . now with the covid who knows by then what happens may get them and may not. so I ended up buying galaxy easy rider tires. they used to have a place or office in the usa years ago but now I see they moves to canada and there tires are made in turkey.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:20 pm

That's the great thing about an open market or free trade.. or even tariffs. Buy what you want at your price point.