This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Block Rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Hydraulic Block Rebuild

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Thu May 27, 2021 4:24 pm

Well I'm deep into a rebuild of an old style hydraulic block. I read every how-to, thanks to everyone. I took it apart very carefully, laying all the little parts in a plastic container making sure to keep them together just like they came out. Cleaned everything and replaced all the O-rings. Now I'm ready to reassemble and guess what? You guess it, I am missing a part. Now in my defense I'm saying it was never there but who knows :)

I need part number 351867R1 - Safety valve piston.

SafetyValvePiston.PNG

Pic was cut from Joey J how-to.

Anyone have one laying around in their spare parts box they would part with?

Thanks in advance,
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Re: Hydraulic Block Rebuild

Postby lyle11 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:51 pm

I needed an internal component for my new style hydraulic rebuild. I got what I needed from Barnyard. Not saying he has what you need but he came through for me. JP Tractor might have it. Burch Store Tractor is the only online place I’ve seen that has a few Cub hydraulic components listed. I didn’t see the part you’re looking for but, they might have other unlisted hydraulic parts. Their prices are very high for these components to the point that it was cheaper for me to buy another hydraulic block.

I ended up buying a used block including all internal components from Danny Stone who is on this forum. I did the rebuild using the best parts from both blocks. I’d put a WTB on the Vine if you haven’t already done that.

Not sure how common the old style block is with regard to getting components. Seems like I frequently see complete new style blocks in driving range on Craigslist where I live.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hydraulic Block Rebuild

Postby Magnum » Thu May 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Jeez ken , I work on things and put stuff down all over the place. I'll tell ya I swear someone is messin with me when that happens. But I'm the only one in the shop. When I do find what ever it was that I missplaced I wonder how or even why it's in that spot .