This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub j4 magneto

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub j4 magneto

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:54 pm

To reply, type in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread and then click Submit. It is not necessary to quote a previous post in your reply.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

waynemo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby waynemo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 pm

I am trying to send a reply to jim becker and got this screen at the bottom of the thread. I hoope this will do it.
Good news, i got the square bar out and my insulated piece into the kill stud is good. I ordered the mag coil today from Brilman.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm

When you reply in a thread, you are posting for all to see your reply. If you want to reply to someone’s post, without other members being able to see your post, use the Private Message function. You access this by clicking on the icon in the Contact line below the poster’s user ID in the upper right corner of their post. I might point out, however, that it is beneficial for others to see all the questions and answers, as a educational process. This is not like texting. It is an open discussion forum.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:08 am

Wayne, hit the "Post Reply" button to start a fresh post in the same thread. That'll give you a blank sheet to type on. If you go back up to someone else's post and hit the quotation marks button in the upper right-hand corner of their post (hover your cursor over it and it says "Reply with quote"), it will put what they said into a new post that you can add your comments.

I selected "Post Reply" to write this post.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:08 am

Stanton wrote:Wayne, hit the "Post Reply" button to start a fresh post in the same thread. That'll give you a blank sheet to type on. If you go back up to someone else's post and hit the quotation marks button in the upper right-hand corner of their post, it will put what they said into a new post that you can add your comments.

I selected "Post Reply" to write this post.

Now, I've selected the quotation marks button and my previous post is copied into this post area.

Hope this helps.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

waynemo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby waynemo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:43 am

This screen popped up at the end of my thread. I want to be able to reply to guys who are replying to posts as they are entered. I wonder if it is possible on this site. I would like to click on any reply after the initial thread and read it It seems to go back to the original post for a reply.
Also I do not know what the " quote marks do

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 pm

All threads on this site are a linear sequence, in order by the time posted. It does not fork out into multiple branches that depend on which post you reply to.

If you want to respond to something specific that was in an earlier post that is somewhere up in the middle of a thread, the customary way is to use the quotes. Go to the post you want to reply to and hit the button with the quotes. It will open the same entry screen that you get if you hit "Full Editor & Preview" except the previous post will be inserted into your reply inside a quote box. If quoting a large post, some people will go inside the quote box and edit it down to just the relevant part.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Jim Becker wrote:If quoting a large post, some people will go inside the quote box and edit it down to just the relevant part.

Or you can open full editor, scroll to the post, highlight the part you want and click the quote button. That will select only the part you want to quote. This is good if you just want to quote one ore two sentences of a six paragraph reply as I some time do.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:34 pm

waynemo wrote:
Bill V in Md wrote:
waynemo wrote:Thanks for the reply and photo. I guess there is a soft seal where the internal coil wire passes through toward the points that I did not see.
Still do not see how the kill wire can go through the mag body toward the points without grounding. There is a insulating piece that separates the interior wires but what about the kill stud touching the casting and grounding where it passes through ? I must be missing something ?

See below photos to demonstrate what Jim Becker is describing. The last photo shows the soft seal (that you refer to} with the coil wire passing through it.
IMG_2443.jpgIMG_2444.jpgIMG_2442.jpg

I cannot tell much on the last photo but I know what needs to be done. Does the seal go in from inside or outside? It is great to be able to find expert help like yourself! Wish you were in Union, Mo !!!!!!!!!!

And quotes can be nested, that is a quote can be inside another quote.
Back to the magneto: The exploded view in the parts catalog shows the seal in place on the lead from the coil. Sometimes those drawings shouldn't be taken too literally, but my first try at installing it would be to slip the wire through the seal then push the wire with seal in place from the top. It's been long enough since I actually changed one that I no longer remember what I did.