This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub Tractor Cover

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Nightmare Bronc
Zip Code: 71203
eBay ID: lbsullivan
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub
Ford 4100

Farmall Cub Tractor Cover

Postby Nightmare Bronc » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:09 pm

Hi guys

I'm looking for a cover for my Cub. I keep it inside but it still gets pretty nasty. Looking for something soft inside and maybe semi waterproof that covers the whole tractor including the tires. Current situation, bed sheets. lol. I found a couple sites and was wondering if anyone can recommend either. Of course I like the one that has the grey cover that covers the whole tractor. Does anyone have this cover or any experience with covers4tractors.com?

https://www.covers4tractors.com/covers-pricing

http://www.chatstractors.com/1403-Red-F ... -cover.htm

Thanks for your help in advance. Brad

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Cub Tractor Cover

Postby Clemsonfor » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:44 pm

I have no knowledge of either but the red one looks like a more quality cover. The grey one looks like those cheap vinyl silver boat covers you see at Walmart for like $40..it just have a stack cover sewer into it. It to me is over priced and I would bet that it's not soft inside. It looks like the cheap silver covers at Walmart you buy for a boat. There is soft dust car covers that are a softer material and shed water even though there more like a paper towel texture to me. But they wear out eventually. And yes I know you said it's inside so it's really just a dust cover.

If it were me, NO way if pay $350 for a website specially designed to separate you from your money especially with a site name like that. What I would do if I wanted it covered bis put your sheet over it and get one of those cheap boat covers that I'm talking about from Walmart and just throw it over it. OR get a cover for a 4 seater UTV. The later it's what I am considering. I have mine sitting under a cover as well but it can get blowing raining it and collects dirt as well.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:04 pm

Why not use the sheet with a tarp over it. Buy a bunch of bungees or magnets to hold both in place. Take a heavy duty stapler to put folds in the tarp so it fits the corners better.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Greenthumbfarms
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 60450
Tractors Owned: 1974 Cub Cadet 1450
1977 Cub Cadet 1650

1950 Farmall Cub (Georgette)
1950 Allis Chalmers WD (Allis)
1956 Farmall 230 (Gladys)
1959 Farmall 240 Utility (Heather)
1962 John Deere 4010 Gas with No.45 Loader (Pearl)
1966 John Deere 4020 Deisel (Jack)
1975 International Cub (Ozzie)

Postby Greenthumbfarms » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:43 pm

A neighbor had a quality tractor "weather cover" made up at a place in town that does boat canvas covers and upholstery to fit a Farmall C tractor. Very nice quality and holding up well some 10 years later. I want to say he spent nearly $2k on it but it has paid for its self in his mind
Secretary with Will County Threshermens Association (Will County, Illinois)
62nd Annual Will County Threshermens gas and steam tractor show July 18-21, 2024 featuring JI Case Steam and gas tractors. All makes welcome
https://www.steamshow.org/

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000

Postby radioguy41 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:18 pm

Depending on how damp the sioarge location is you might want to make sure whatever cover you use breathes. Otherwise you might find some nasty black mold the next time you uncover it, especially on the seat..
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

JimCub48
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56377

Postby JimCub48 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:21 am

I have used old bed sheets for years with good results,parked inside. If you have a good paint job on your tractor you could run the risk of fine scratches unless those covers are lined with a soft material. If you want the cover to travel with the tractor maybe a custom made cover is the way to go, lined and weather proof. It's about how much you want to spend.?

NJ Farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08876
Tractors Owned: 1953 F-Cub
1957 F-Cub
1956 Lo-Boy
1971 Cub Cadet 149
1976 Cub Cadet 1200

Postby NJ Farmer » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:41 am

I have to second the old bed sheets idea. Unless your barn/shed/shelter leaks water through the roof you might just consider sheets because it allows the tractor to breathe with temperature changes but it keep the dust off the paint. If you trap moisture under a water proof cover it will act like water condenser and possible rust/corrosion to your tractor.

The main goal is to keep the dirt off the paint but let the tractor breather during temperature changes some times 30 to 40 degrees which causes your tractor to sweat and sweating leads to moisture which is the catalyst for corrosion.

You can’t have corrosion/rust without electrolyte i.e water….

NJ Farmer

69ranger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 67357
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub, 1952 Cub, 1953 Cub, 1946 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall M, 1956 IH 130, 1979 IH 140, 1959 Farmall 240.
Several Brand X Green tractors that sound strange when they run.
1969 F-100 fully restored, 1969 F 100 original paint, 1973 F 100, 50 K original miles all original, 1978 F250 repainted, 1978 Bronco, 1967 Mustang, 1973 Mach ! Mustang.
Several single cylinder Honda motorcycles from the early 70's. Adding more junk all the time.

Postby 69ranger » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:22 am

Not sure if I can contribute much, but I'll weigh in just in case..
Like some of the others have mentioned old bed linen works pretty well, if you have inside storage.
I messed with old cars for many years, and have tried to keep them covered to some extent, while stored inside my shop.
This has saved me some nicks and damage when un expected things happen.
Truthfully bed sheets are probably to thin to offer much protection, and I have had better luck with old comforters, blankets.
Most of these were picked up at rummage sales, thrift shops, and oddly enough items left behind by my renters, when they move.

One of my favorite covers are old electric blankets. These are thick, and no one wants them after the controls get bad, or lost.
I cut the plugs, and wires, after I pull out as much as I can, and then my wife sews the hole shut.
We have a Maytag wringer washer, and a cloths line, so they get washed, and dried before they are used.
I have also found that washing is needed every so often, as dust settles, and scratches painted surfaces.

Over all I recommend covering, but sustained some damage to the hood of my nicest painted Cub, a couple winters ago, when a mouse made a nest under the cover. You know what mice do, the chewed the cover and the pee, laid against the paint for months, causing the damage.

Mostly successful, over the years, and it saves time washing them, before they go to a show..

Good luck with what ever direction you go.

Brad

Nightmare Bronc
Zip Code: 71203
eBay ID: lbsullivan
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub
Ford 4100

Postby Nightmare Bronc » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks for all the replies. Yea bedsheets are my current cover. Lol. I would like to get a fitted cover (thats soft inside) for ease of taking it on and off and protection. I may try to contact the BBB where the covers4tractors is located and see if they have any feedback. The cover he has sounds like what I'm looking for when I spoke with him. Still looking for recommendations if anyone know of a fitted cover that covers the entire tractor thats soft inside and breathable. Thanks for the help so far!!

phill_mi
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 49435
Tractors Owned: '47 Ford 2N (with '50 8N motor)
'48 Farmall Cub
C22 sickle
'52 Ferguson TO-30
'63 Farmall 560 gas with loader

Postby phill_mi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:04 pm

I don't have any direct knowledge of this subject or relation to the CL post. I just noticed it after reading this post and though you might find it interesting.
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grq/d/usa-made-universal-tractor-covers-for/7449637047.html

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:25 pm

Nightmare Bronc wrote:Thanks for all the replies. Yea bedsheets are my current cover. Lol. I would like to get a fitted cover (thats soft inside) for ease of taking it on and off and protection. I may try to contact the BBB where the covers4tractors is located and see if they have any feedback. The cover he has sounds like what I'm looking for when I spoke with him. Still looking for recommendations if anyone know of a fitted cover that covers the entire tractor thats soft inside and breathable. Thanks for the help so far!!

Isn't the BBB only good if a business is part of it? Most people don't report to the BBB or even think about that. So just cause a business has no negative feedback from BBB doesn't mean your in the clear. There plenty of places people go to every day and swear are good businesses that have piles of negative feedback at the BBB. Just a word of caution. The Internet is a HUGE place. To have nothing....good or bad about a business on the internet is often NOT a good sign. Not always the case but would cause me to pause a long while before I did business with them.
In this deal I don't think your going to get scammed in the traditional sense. I do believe they will send you a cover. But will it be a cover worth the money you paid would be my concern. Like I said, to me it looks like a $60-70 cover made out of that thin silver material that the cheap boat covers I have bought in the past were made out of.