This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Rear Wheel Differences

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjet69
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: Family owned: Over 30 antique tractors and 30 garden/lawn tractors

Cub Rear Wheel Differences

Postby cjet69 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:36 pm

I'm cleaning up a bunch of cub rear wheels and noticed they have different mounting bolt brackets. After cleaning I found them stamped Goodyear or Firestone. The Goodyear are fastened with 2 rivets and have a single tab for centering the wheel and the Firestones have 4 rivets and 2 tabs. Were these used on different years or just randomly dispersed though the years? First pic is Firestone, second pic Goodyear.

100_4249-m.JPG
100_4250-m.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Rear Wheel Differences

Postby Bill V in Md » Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm

I don't have an answer to your question, but in the following link to TM Tractor's picture archives, you will see a different type attachment of the rear wheel to the rim:
http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gwh/wheel524_001.htm
My 48 Cub had the same 2-rivet attachment as shown in your photo of the Goodyear rims. I know Titan made rims for the cub and they had a different attachment to any of these photos.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub Rear Wheel Differences

Postby Barnyard » Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 pm

They were both used. Firestone and Goodyear just had diffeernt styles. They both fit all model years,
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”