This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

T\C bolt torque...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JustJim
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30540

T\C bolt torque...

Postby JustJim » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:55 am

Hello gang-

I'm trying to get my Touch Control back together today. There are three threaded bolt like components (two at the front of the block, and one under the head), which have copper seal washers. I have read here that those are prone to leak if not torqued sufficiently to make the washer seal up tight. I have yet to find a torque spec for these.

I can simply torque them "good and tight" but if someone knows the correct value, I'd appreciate that info.

Thanks as always! :D

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: T\C bolt torque...

Postby Clemsonfor » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:11 pm

I would look up the type and style fastener on an industry standard torque chart. And if they are prone to leak I would go on the high side of that value

JustJim
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30540

Re: T\C bolt torque...

Postby JustJim » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:44 am

Thanks, Clemsonfor-

I've got it all sealed up and am painting it today. Not having an approved torque figure, I ran those "bolts" up in steps with my torque wrench. By about 45 pounds, the bolt heads were no longer rotating. I stopped at 50 foot pounds, and I sure hope that will be sufficient.

I appreciate the help!