This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery cable rounting - 12v Square front Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Battery cable rounting - 12v Square front Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:03 am

PFord wrote:It's super weird because my battery SAYS 26R but the posts are the opposite of what the 26R is supposed to be. My post config is that for a normal 26. However, because of my layout the 26 is the correct orientation for me. So I'll probably just stick with it, I've got plenty of other demons to fight!

I think you are still confused. Isn't your negative battery terminal the one that is connected to ground?

PFord
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 32312
Tractors Owned: 1975 International Cub

Re: Battery cable rounting - 12v Square front Cub

Postby PFord » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:41 am

Jim Becker wrote:
PFord wrote:It's super weird because my battery SAYS 26R but the posts are the opposite of what the 26R is supposed to be. My post config is that for a normal 26. However, because of my layout the 26 is the correct orientation for me. So I'll probably just stick with it, I've got plenty of other demons to fight!

I think you are still confused. Isn't your negative battery terminal the one that is connected to ground?

Yes, the negative is connected to ground. And with the way the tractor is configured, that negative post needs to face the front of the tractor, and positive needs to face the rear of the tractor. That is how I oriented it last night and it's working great.