This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Color change, would this be a sin?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Color change, would this be a sin?

Postby outdoors4evr » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:50 am

It is easier to paint things the same color as it is. Changing the color seems to make a bit more work in the details.
Agree though, it is your tractor and you can do what you want with it.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Color change, would this be a sin?

Postby Glen » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:25 pm

Hi,
If the oil pressure is good, even when the engine is hot and at slow idle speed, I would try the oil additive before rebuilding the engine.
If the oil control rings, or the compression rings are stuck on the pistons, it can make the engine smoke, usually blue smoke is from oil burning.

Combustion isn't perfect in engines, over time it leaves slight goop on the piston rings. That can make the rings stick, so they are not free to expand.
Also if the engine sat with goop on the rings, it can harden and make the rings stuck.

I used Rislone, and have seen it help slow down oil burning in engines.
The Seafoam might be better, I don't know, I haven't used it.
Follow the directions on the can about how much to put in the oil. You might need to drain a little oil out of the engine before putting in the additive, so it isn't overfull.
The Rislone is thin, the last time I bought some, and thins down the oil some.

You could do a compression test to the engine, and see if the compression is good.
Open the throttle fully for the test, so the engine can get air. :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”