This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast hitch and cub 22 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fast hitch and cub 22 mower

Postby Glen » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:07 pm

cdd wrote:Is there a way to keep the fast hitch on and still use the sickle bar mower?

Hi,
If you are asking about the rear mounting bracket, yes, I've used a Cub 22 Mower on my Cub with a Fast Hitch for years.
IH had a package of parts to modify older mowers, made before the Fast Hitch came out, to use on a Cub with a Fast Hitch.
I think there was a pic of the paper IH had on here in the past, but I don't know where it is.

One of the somewhat important parts is at the rear mounting bracket.
It is a spacer to put on the lower bolt of the mower bracket, it is the same thickness as the spacer welded on the upper hole.
Using the lower spacer makes the bracket straight on the mounting.
You will have to make one yourself, make it the same size and thickness as the metal welded on the bracket at the upper hole.

Below is the 22 Mower operator's manual, it was made after the Fast Hitch came out, and has info for mounting the mower on Cubs with a Fast Hitch.
The manual has info for 3 different mowers, for 3 different models of IH Tractors, part of the info is for all 3 mowers, part is for the Cub mower.
Page 14 tells the size of bolts to use at the rear bracket.
The lower hole uses a 5/8 x 1 3/4" tapered head bolt.
The upper hole uses a 5/8 x 2" regular bolt, I would use a lock washer on it.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

The front mountings it shows in this manual are the newer style.
The older style have a hook shape, and use a tapered head bolt.
Look at the holes in the bracket, if they are tapered around the holes it uses a tapered head bolt.
TM Tractor has 1" long tapered head bolts for the front mounting for mowers that use tapered head bolts.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/gb/324fp.htm

They don't have a 1 3/4" long tapered head bolt, you might have to go to a Case IH dealer to buy one.

Below is one of the pics Don posted on page 1 of this post, it shows the rear bracket, the spacer goes at the lower hole.
The 2nd pic shows the clearance with the spacer in place. :)
Attachments
Cub 22 Mower bracket.jpg
Mower 2.jpg

cdd
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 51 Cub with cub 22 sickle bar mower
55 Cub with woods 42 mower
51 Super A with L306 mower
52 Super A with 22 mower
53 Super C
53 Super A with L59 woods mower
66 140 with L306 mower
61 140 with fast hitch
74 International 574 with international 1850 loader
No. 7 Sickle mower x2
McCormick 100 spreader
72 International Harvester 1210 dually w/flatbed
65 Ford F600 flatbed

Re: Fast hitch and cub 22 mower

Postby cdd » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:02 am

Thanks to all, I do have rear bracket that has the spacer welded onto it. Looks like I need to source the hanger and the bracket on the torque tube.
Crops are green, tractors are RED! :tractor: