This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Tires

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Rear Tires

Postby Wise Owl » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:57 am

Hi folks, I haven’t been on this forum for quite awhile. I am in the process of slowly decreasing Rudy’s collection of tractor accessories. I sold his low boy and the guy wanted a set of rear tires on rim. Curious as to whether anyone could tell me the value of these. Just an estimate would be good. I am at a loss when it comes to tractors and thought I would ask the experts for advice. Thank you all so much for helping a widow out.

Emilie (Wise Owl)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rear Tires

Postby Eugene » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:19 am

If you post photos we can probably provide a better answer.

Location as well as condition of tires and rims is everything. Average condition, guessing, $100 to $200- for the pair. Near new tires, $400- for the pair.

Tires cracked, well worn, rims rusted around the valve stem, less money.

Suggest asking the proposed buyer how much he/she is willing to pay. If you get a decent offier, accept. What are you going to do with the tires and rims?
I have an excuse. CRS.

ntrenn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47119
Skype Name: ntrenn
Tractors Owned: 63 Cub 221833 in family since '69
65 Lo-boy 19648 with an un-stuck #4 - it lives!!!
144 Cultivators with disc hillers
193 Plow
42C mower
59L mower mounted on the Fcub
23A Disc - lost possession

Postby ntrenn » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:02 pm

New tires are running $200 and up. Rims are $125 or so. Tubes are $30-40. So…brand new are pushing $400 per tire. I figure solid tires on good rims are worth $100 each. That’s my price entry point.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Assuming the two responses above mine are quoting US dollars, I think they are in the ballpark. For Canadian dollars, you need to increase by more than a third.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:01 am

Emily, if you read this, please email me (cub@farmallcub.com) from your current email address so i can fix your account. It’s a little fouled up, sorry.

Thanks,
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety