This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1948 Cub project

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vaderfan
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45504
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1958 International Cub Lo-Boy
1974 Cub Cadet 108
Circle of Safety: Y

1948 Cub project

Postby Vaderfan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:16 pm

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I started my project a few years ago and have finally gotten back to it. I’m done rebuilding what needs rebuilt, and with painting everything and hopefully buying everything. I bought a new wiring harness from a local IH dealer and have been trying to figure my way through that. I also bought a new ammeter and light switch as mine were trashed. It is still 6 volt positive ground. It was originally a prestolite vertical distributor. I changed it over to horizontal, with coil. I have the original generator with voltage regulator. My ammeter has a +L and a +R terminal on back. The light switch is a 4 position, with RL, TL, HL, BAT, and INST terminals. I have the original 2 terminal push/pull ignition switch. Would I be wrong in wiring this to the manual? I am leary of it as this is the first time doing it. Any help is greatly appreciated. :lost:
Dave :tractor:

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope

Re: 1948 Cub project

Postby Magnum » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Didn't the new wire harness come marked with some sort of legend ?

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Re: 1948 Cub project

Postby Glen » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:50 pm

Hi,
I sent you a PM.

It sounds like you have parts that are a newer style than a 1948 Cub came with. So if you bought a wiring harness for a 1948 Cub, it won't fit without changing it some.
The Battery Ignition unit, and voltage regulator came out at Cub serial number 115403, which was made during 1950.

Below are wiring diagrams for the 2 different 6 volt systems. :)
Attachments
cubwire.jpg
cubwiringlate.jpg