This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Deluxe Seat

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wrz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Re: Cub Deluxe Seat

Postby wrz » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:45 am

Kodiak's post did not say if he had to change the shift lever to the bent one that is used on the deluxe seat set up.
Wm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:57 am

The last picture shows a straight shifter, so I'm guessing the couple of inches of extra height of the seat may allow for clearance.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:59 pm

I was not aware that Kodiak's post existed, however, we did the project in much the same way. My only change was to weld the plate between the seat frame angle irons so that I could slope the plate to eliminate the need for spacers.
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:36 am

Give me a rigid seat suspension any day of the week. Never put any stock in seat suspensions. They just exacerbate and exaggerate the motion, making it more difficult to maintain control of the tractor. When I find myself bouncing around that much, I slow down.

Mostly what I need is good even support for my butt.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:44 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:Give me a rigid seat suspension any day of the week. Never put any stock in seat suspensions. They just exacerbate and exaggerate the motion, making it more difficult to maintain control of the tractor. When I find myself bouncing around that much, I slow down.

On bigger tractors, you definitely have to have a good seat suspension if you plan to stay in it. On our JD 4255 it has up/down and fore/aft suspension. You can lock out the fore/aft if you want. I tried that exactly once. It stays unlocked all the time!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Greenthumbfarms
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 60450
Tractors Owned: 1974 Cub Cadet 1450
1977 Cub Cadet 1650

1950 Farmall Cub (Georgette)
1956 Farmall 230 (Gladys)
1959 Farmall 240 Utility (Heather)
1962 John Deere 4010 Gas with No.45 Loader (Helen)
1966 John Deere 4020 Deisel (Jack)
1975 International Cub (Ozzie)

Postby Greenthumbfarms » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:51 pm

Super A wrote:
Matt Kirsch wrote:Give me a rigid seat suspension any day of the week. Never put any stock in seat suspensions. They just exacerbate and exaggerate the motion, making it more difficult to maintain control of the tractor. When I find myself bouncing around that much, I slow down.

On bigger tractors, you definitely have to have a good seat suspension if you plan to stay in it. On our JD 4255 it has up/down and fore/aft suspension. You can lock out the fore/aft if you want. I tried that exactly once. It stays unlocked all the time!

Al

Any John Deere newer than the first generation 8000 tractors have very uncomfortable seats. Good suspension with uncomfortable cushions. The hydraulic ride on my 4650 is my personal favorite
Secretary with Will County Threshermens Association (Will County, Illinois)
62nd Annual Will County Threshermens gas and steam tractor show July 18-21, 2024 featuring JI Case Steam and gas tractors. All makes welcome
https://www.steamshow.org/

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:13 am

Greenthumbfarms wrote:
Super A wrote:

Al

hydraulic ride on my 4650 is my personal favorite

That's the one I'm talking about. I've always been satisfied with the ride on the 4255. The 2*30 and 2*40-55 series rode well to just have simple mechanical suspensions. Earlier than that, our Farmall 230 had about the best ride.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”