This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Implement weight

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Re: Implement weight

Postby smallfarm » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:04 pm

Thought I’d throw my two cents worth in for safety. A common overlooked error and code violation is overloading the lugs in your panel. An example of this would be placing a 50 amp welder breaker opposite is 60 amp range or sub panel. This places a possible load of 110 A on the lugs some panels only permit 100 A. This is one reason why many electricians place all of the 240 V breakers in a line down one side of the panel and the 15 and 20 amp single pole breakers on the other side. This also makes it easier to keep both legs of your power use in balanced.
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:46 pm

Eugene wrote:Just my thought. If the electric code absolutely forbid a do it yourself installation - I would do it any way and not inform the authorities or the electric company.

The downside to this is if you have a fire, even if not caused by the new wiring, your insurance company has an out for not paying for the damages.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:37 pm

smallfarm wrote:This is one reason why many electricians place all of the 240 V breakers in a line down one side of the panel and the 15 and 20 amp single pole breakers on the other side. This also makes it easier to keep both legs of your power use in balanced.
Not so. The 220V is between the two hot bus bars and the 120V is between one hot bus bar and the neutral.

To balance the load you need to make the amp draw equal between the two hot bus bars. The location of the 220V breakers in the panel wouldn't make any difference. The 120V breakers should be distributed equaly with half of the amp draw on one side and the other half of the amp draw on the other.

Don McCombs wrote:The downside to this is if you have a fire, even if not caused by the new wiring, your insurance company has an out for not paying for the damages.
They wouldn't find it if it didn't cause the fire. But they are always looking for a reason not to pay. - - - Your insurance coverage is great, it covers everything but what just happened.
I have an excuse. CRS.