This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mounting 2nd wheel weights inside - hardware?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Workinprogress
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 05489
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mounting 2nd wheel weights inside - hardware?

Postby Workinprogress » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:05 am

Update on 2nd wheel weights.

After plowing snow and driving the tractor around the woods in the 6+ inches of fresh snow I have to say the additional weight does make a difference.

Now an aggressive set of ice tire chains would make the cub unstoppable in the snow!
1952 Farmall Cub
Cub Cadet 1512 with cadplans loader and backhoe
Cub Cadet 1711
Cub Cadet 782
Cub Cadet 104

Workinprogress
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 05489
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mounting 2nd wheel weights inside - hardware?

Postby Workinprogress » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm

Northeaster wrapping up in Vermont. Had the cub out three separate times to plow the heavy wet snow. Tough to tell exact amount but somewhere over 12 inches.

Hopped off the tractor after finishing the 3rd cleanup and it just seemed like the Cub was smiling at me. 70 years and still winning the battle!
5566A6B9-C1F4-4463-9346-F9ADC4169FE9.jpeg

My take away - 2nd set of wheel weights make a big difference in what this tractor can do.
1952 Farmall Cub
Cub Cadet 1512 with cadplans loader and backhoe
Cub Cadet 1711
Cub Cadet 782
Cub Cadet 104