This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Danco C1 mower hook up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
chf
Zip Code: 47448

Danco C1 mower hook up

Postby chf » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Need some help from the experts.

I have a Danco C1 (59") mower that I am putting on a 49 Cub with a manual lift.

The lift was originaly mounted to the bolts where the mower bolts on. The mounts are not wide enough to go outside the mower brackets and I don't see any place else to mount it. I tried mounting it closer to the foot pedals but the long bar wouldn't hook up.

My left axle is all the way in and looks close to the mower deck wheel. Are the wheels supppsed to be at a certain width?

I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Danco C1 mower hook up

Postby Glen » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:15 pm

chf wrote:The lift was originaly mounted to the bolts where the mower bolts on. The mounts are not wide enough to go outside the mower brackets and I don't see any place else to mount it. I tried mounting it closer to the foot pedals but the long bar wouldn't hook up.

Hi,
Would you explain more where this is on the Cub that you wrote above, or post pictures.
I guess you mean at the front mountings on the clutch housing.
Below are Rudi's Implement Manuals, the Cub C1 Mower operator's manual is on the right side of the page, it has lots of info.
In the introduction on page 1 it says it is for Cubs with Touch Control, it doesn't mention the manual lift. The implement manuals usually say if they are for use with Manual and Hydraulic lift.
It might be made just for Cubs with Touch Control, but I've never owned a C1.
There is a pic of the mower mounted on a Cub on page 4 of the 1st manual.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

chf wrote:My left axle is all the way in and looks close to the mower deck wheel. Are the wheels supppsed to be at a certain width?

If the front tires are going to hit the mower wheels, you could widen the front axle.
If the axle is frozen by rust and won't move, you could turn the front wheels with the dish out. The original front wheels are made to face either way.
Or you could remove the wheels from the mower, one of the experts on here has said he removes the wheels.
If the mower has skids at the sides, adjust them so they hit the ground before the blades would.
On the Woods mower I have seen, the Touch Control will hold the mower at the right height, if you want it higher than the skids.