This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throttle linkage

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dominic
Zip Code: 33544

Throttle linkage

Postby Dominic » Tue May 23, 2023 12:17 pm

I have a late 70s cub that I am in the process of bringing back to life. I can’t seem to figure out how the throttle linkage connects to the carburetor. I believe there are missing pieces but can’t find any diagrams to lead me in the right direction. Any advice helps. Thanks

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Throttle linkage

Postby Peter Person » Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Dominic,
Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Late 70's Cub could have an IH Carb or a Zenith Carb, two very different linkages.
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Tue May 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi,
Cubs with serial number 248125 and above originally have Zenith carburetors. 248125 was made in mid 1975.
Below that serial number they had IH carbs.
Below is a page from the Cub parts manual showing the governor and linkage. Number 7 in the pic, the spring, goes at the governor housing.
http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 012-18.jpg

Peter, the rod ahead of the carb, number 1 in the parts pic, has the same part number in the Cub parts manual from 1949, as it has in the parts manual from 1979, both manuals are on here. I don't know what you meant is different.

The Zenith uses a choke cable, the IH carb uses a choke rod.

Below are pics, from TM Tractor Parts, for you Dominic, to identify the carb.
The 1st pic is an IH carb.
The 2nd pic is a Zenith carb.
Attachments
Cub carb 9.jpg
Cub carb Z 2.jpg

Dominic
Zip Code: 33544

Postby Dominic » Tue May 23, 2023 6:45 pm

Thank you Glen. Based on the pictures, I have a Zenith carb. However the link you provided gave me the information I needed. Thank you for your help