This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Making a Drive Pulley for Sickle Bar Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lehubbard
Zip Code: 49262

Making a Drive Pulley for Sickle Bar Mower

Postby lehubbard » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:46 pm

I have a sickle bar mower that came with my 1950 cub, but it did not come with the 4.5" pto drive pulley. I am not terribly interested in dropping $300 on a new one. Someone in a past thread mentioned adapting the 10 spline shaft to 6 splines in order to use readily available pulleys. I have not been able to find any 6 spine pulleys. I saw a couple of posts where people fabricated their own, but in both cases, they were using a metal working lathe which I do not have access to. Does anyone have any recommendations? It would be nice if I could cobble together some off the shelf parts to make it work.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Making a Drive Pulley for Sickle Bar Mower

Postby tst » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:55 pm

PM sent