This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast Hitch Help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jasondepinto
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 08889
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1956 Cub Loboy
1957 IH S-160
Circle of Safety: Y

Fast Hitch Help

Postby jasondepinto » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:42 am

Hi All! I recently picked up a Loboy (I’ll make a separate post about that) and a fast hitch, not attached. I’m working on getting it all mounted, and have a few questions. I’ve done a search, and checked the manuals, but the manual for Loboy Fast Hitch is missing the last 2 pages. I’m sure it was posted a long time ago, and the server is no longer active.

Anyway, I’m trying to work out the depth adjustment bracket. There are two holes. Which one do you use? If it’s the top hole, which I suspect from the wear on the bracket, how does that fit between the spacer and the final? I’ll be damned if I can’t get it in there.
IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

Second question is the helper spring bracket. Mine doesn’t look like what I’ve seen in searching posts, or on the TM pictures. I’m assuming I have a later style, and don’t need the fender reinforcing bracket? I’ve also gathered that I’m going to need to source a different rock shaft for my touch control, one that has 2 arms on the left side.
IMG_5995.jpeg

Does anybody have a complete scan of the FH manual, or at least take a picture of the last 2 pages for me? Thanks for any advice.
Circle of Safety

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Fast Hitch Help

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:58 am

See if any of these photos on the TM Tractor Parts website provide any help…

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ht_001.htm
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

jasondepinto
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 08889
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1956 Cub Loboy
1957 IH S-160

Postby jasondepinto » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:39 am

Don McCombs wrote:See if any of these photos on the TM Tractor Parts website provide any help…

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ht_001.htm

Thanks Don! It's hard to tell in those pictures, but it does look like that bracket uses the top hole. I may have to grind the spacer that's in there down a bit for it to fit. Any Idea what the bottom hole would be for then? I also must have missed the picture of the helper spring bracket. That one does look like mine. I assume it needs no reinforcement bracket, like the other style I've seen that spans the fender and transmission.
Circle of Safety

wrz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Postby wrz » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:07 am

I measured my spacer and it is 1 inch. It will fit after you loosen the other bolt next to it that has the longer spacer. The one inch spacer must be held in place with paint and if there was a bolt that you removed it could of bent it some. The lower hole bolts in the lower final hole.
Wm

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:11 am

Jason,
I had a 1957 Loboy with Fast-Hitch.
I took detailed photos of all the fastening points, connections, etc. before taking it off the tractor and selling it.
I can email the photos to you if you PM your email address.
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Hi,
You probably know many of the parts for a LoBoy Fast Hitch are different than parts for a Cub Fast Hitch.
Be sure you have the right parts.
The Cub and LoBoy parts manuals show them.

jasondepinto wrote: I’ve also gathered that I’m going to need to source a different rock shaft for my touch control, one that has 2 arms on the left side.

IH began making LoBoys in 1955, the parts manual says all of them that had Touch Control when new,
originally came with the 360719R1 touch control, the number should be on the left side of it, below the filler plug.
All of those I have seen have the newer rockshaft with the helper spring arm on the left side.
The arm is shown in the pics Don posted above, it is a smaller arm than the other arm.
Below is a page from the Cub and LoBoy parts manual, saying that LoBoys came with the 360719R1 touch control, at the top of the page.

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 010-05.jpg

If the Touch Control is an older one, then it might not have the helper spring arm.
Below is the picture of the arm from Don's link above.
Attachments
Cub LoBoy Fast Hitch.jpg