This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Planter question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmtrac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35098

Planter question

Postby farmtrac » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:43 am

Hello, does anyone know what is missing from this hopper bottom plate? It’s on a combination planter part number 488815r2. All the bottom plates I have seen are solid this one is slotted which lets the seed fall through. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_2981.jpeg
IMG_2980.jpeg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Planter question

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:55 pm

Something a little familiar to it. I think somebody had one we tried to figure out at a CubFest (tmays?). I think you are missing a wear plate that goes on top of that part. Or if you can find the earlier version (488815R1) it may go in as a replacement without the added part.

If this link works for you, see item reference number 7.
https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/casei ... 5056875BD6

farmtrac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35098

Re: Planter question

Postby farmtrac » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Thanks Jim, wear plate makes sense, I have a solid bottom with a groove worn in it from the seeds. I will look for the wear plate or replace it with the solid bottom.