Cub fast hitch vs. Lo-boy FH implements, also Mott sawyers buzz saw

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Cub fast hitch vs. Lo-boy FH implements, also Mott sawyers buzz saw

Postby rjfcsa » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello all,
I feel rather silly asking this, for as long as I have been around cubs and us collecting fast hitch equipment. I didn't have a FH for a lo-boy until last year, and I know the main difference in height therefore some implements not working as well. I guess there must be a difference in the offset of the hitch to the p.t.o., that I didn't realize? At a glance I guess I didn't ever see one. I know the hitch sticks out farther on the lo-boy so an implement feels a lot different on the lo-boy vs the reg. cub.
I have not actually analyzed the tractors to compare (being cold and buried in the shed) the off sets. What brought this to mind is, I pickup another Mott Cub sawyer and when I unloaded it I did some comparing to another I have and the points are offset differently. If I remember about 4" difference. Then I looked in the little bit of ligature I have and there was 3 models for the cub, for some reason I didn't remember that. Model 20 for Farmall Cub regular drawbar mount, model 22 For Farmall cub Fasthitch, and model 24, for International Cub Lo-boy fast hitch.
I need to take better pic. when I get our stuff out but here is the two.
I was maybe going to sell one of the saws but now I am not sure since we collect the stuff and they are different.
Does anyone know of other implements that are different because of the offset?
Attachments
20240212_160219.jpg
20240212_160212.jpg
20230827_081629.jpg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub fast hitch vs. Lo-boy FH implements, also Mott sawyers buzz saw

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:27 pm

There is no difference in the offset between the Farmall and the Lo-Boy. The socket of either Fast-Hitch can be centered or adjusted to either side, altering the effective offset between the hitch and the PTO. You are probably seeing a difference due to some other aspect of the saws. The non-FH saws set the blade directly on the Cub pulley gearbox which was extended 2 extra feet back on the tractor. The FH versions used a belt drive. maybe they repositioned the socket sideways to avoid interference between the belt and parts of the Fast-Hitch.

inairam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19342
Tractors Owned: 1948 6v - Dozer
1949 with kub klipper belly mower. mag 6v - Mom
1950 with plow, 54 blade, mott mag 6v - Roxanne
1953 54 blade, c22, wood 42 6v
1957 6v - barn Queen
1965 lo-boy with c-3 mower 12 v - Loboy
1974 Horse II 12 v c-2
1975 with woods 42-6 12 v - Horse
1979 long strip 12 v stuck engine
130 with international 1000 loader 6 v
1969 140 with bush hog tow behind mower 12 v
Terramite T-6 4WD Backhoe Perkins diesel
Memberships: Rough and Tumble Engineers Historical Association;Chapter 8 IH Collectors; IH Collectors Worldwide
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby inairam » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:04 am

I have found the heavier FH parts like that scoop and the mott mower are trickier to use on the loboy.

The ground clearance is less of course and the weight tends to lift the front end more even with wheel weights compared to a standard cub.
When you only have 9 horsepower you need to know the names of all of the ponies!

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Postby rjfcsa » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:50 am

I didn't thinks there was really a difference in offset. I knew you can slide the hitch left and right. When it gets warmer and I have more ambition, I will have to mount the saws up and see if I can figure out their reasoning on having the two FH models. I need to get a double v-belt pulley for the tractor. I have an extra woods type mower pulley with the removable hub so hoping I can find a outer pulley to match, haven't researched that bit yet.

If someone knows the Diameter of an original pulley? I would be grateful to know. otherwise I would assume it would be the same size as on the saw. going buy the little pictures in the brochure paper that is what it might appear to be.

inairam wrote:I have found the heavier FH parts like that scoop and the mott mower are trickier to use on the loboy.

The ground clearance is less of course and the weight tends to lift the front end more even with wheel weights compared to a standard cub.

Indeed, I put a FH mower on it to play with, and I really need to add another set of front weights. If you look the the centerline of the rear axle to the socket of the fasthitch and compare a standard cub to a lo-boy, the lo-boy is several inches farther back. So the balance is quite a bit different.

Thanks for the input,
Russel Foster